Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

Just moved from Florida to Idaho... hunting question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2013, 10:35 PM

Just moved from Florida to Idaho... hunting question

I moved from Florida to Chubbuck, ID and I'm dying to go big game hunting somewhere close to Pocatello. I recently purchased a Remington 700 SPS Varmint .308 and added a Nikon 4-12X40 with BDC reticle which I believe will do the job. I just need to find a place to start. I grew up white tail deer hunting in Kentucky, but it has been many years. Any ideas where I could start? Thank you for your comments.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:43 PM
Silver Member

Re: Just moved from Florida to Idaho... hunting question

Take a look at unit 56 the sublett area this can be great early season mule deer hunting if your willing to get out and beat the timber a little it gets alot of pressure but we have always done well above the sublett resivoir seems like most that hit the area are road hunters we killed a couple decent bucks up there last year not to far of a drive for you all that area is pretty good find a high spot spend some time behind the glass hope this helps
Old 10-04-2013, 11:43 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Just moved from Florida to Idaho... hunting question

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad19946 View Post
I moved from Florida to Chubbuck, ID and I'm dying to go big game hunting somewhere close to Pocatello. I recently purchased a Remington 700 SPS Varmint .308 and added a Nikon 4-12X40 with BDC reticle which I believe will do the job. I just need to find a place to start. I grew up white tail deer hunting in Kentucky, but it has been many years. Any ideas where I could start? Thank you for your comments.
Welcome to Ideehoo!!!

I left PA and its white tails 51 yrs ago and still haven't caught on to elk and stuff. I keep trying though.

Send me a PM with contact information and we'll get together to tune you up for some muley fun.