Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

IceKing02 from Alaska

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 09:14 PM

IceKing02 from Alaska

Hello all,

Started looking around at long-range hunting rifles after a friend taught me a little bit about rifle shooting last summer.

I'm starting with a .257 Weatherby AccuMark that I acquired last year and I am now comforable shooting at 300yards. It is my hope to rework this one or build up a rifle that will extend my reach to 500yards with practice. The Weatherby will consistently put three bullets down to 2.25inches from a bench setting and I'm looking to practice from a bipod and/or backpack this spring.

My goal is 5" at 500yds and to learn to compensate for wind and inclination. Should be a fun year!

Cheers to all,

Bob
Old 02-18-2009, 10:04 PM
Silver Member

Re: IceKing02 from Alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceking02 View Post
Hello all,

Started looking around at long-range hunting rifles after a friend taught me a little bit about rifle shooting last summer.

I'm starting with a .257 Weatherby AccuMark that I acquired last year and I am now comforable shooting at 300yards. It is my hope to rework this one or build up a rifle that will extend my reach to 500yards with practice. The Weatherby will consistently put three bullets down to 2.25inches from a bench setting and I'm looking to practice from a bipod and/or backpack this spring.

My goal is 5" at 500yds and to learn to compensate for wind and inclination. Should be a fun year!

Cheers to all,

Bob
Welcome. You came to the right place. Nearly all the information you need to reach your goal is covered somewhere in the Articles section. There's a lot of knowledgeable and helpful people here. If you don't know something, just ask. Someone will be able to help.

Paul