Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

I like to watch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 02:31 PM

I like to watch

I have been coming to this site for some time now to glean free advice from you folks. So thanks for past advice there really is a wealth of knowledge on this site.

I figured I had been watching long enough and now it is time to participate. I have been a hunter all my life, but have been in the Army the last 19 years so my time has been limited. The ex-wasnít willing to split time between the deployments and hunting trips, hence the ex part. New wife is working out well. I am on another trip to the box and she was cool with me giving Shawn a call and ordering a new .338 Edge Canyon rifle. She and the rifle will be waiting for at the end of this trip, itís going to be hard to decide which one to grab up first.

I have always been into longer range shooting though I do have a passion for pistols too. I was wounded a few years back which took the "spot and stalk" out of my game for the most part but luckily for me there are others who share my passion for the longer end of the range. I had a long time on my back recovering and plenty of time to figure out what things I can still do with my new body. Long guns and hand loading has taken off in my house in a big way. The more I learn the more I want to learn.

I am sure to have a great many questions about the new Edge coming to the family.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:32 PM
Platinum Member

Re: I like to watch

Had me fooled by your sigh on name but glad to have you and thanks for serving. I was only in 3 years back during VietNam.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:16 PM
Bronze Member

Welcome aboard! You will not be disappointed in your 338 Edge from Shawn.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:19 PM

Thanks guys, I have found this site to be my "go to" spot when I have questions about near anything reloading or long range gear. Between here and work I get exposed to a lot of ideas for gear and techniques for reloading, which in turn tends to cost me a little money.

Once I started looking at .338s the Edge caught my eye. I must have been on here and Shawn's site a hundred times going back and forth. I am certainly looking forward to what it can do and what I can do with it.