Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

How did you find us here at LRH.com?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2014, 08:58 PM

Re: How did you find us here at LRH.com?

internet search
Old 03-13-2014, 11:55 PM

I was browsing the internet for the brightest headlamp available. I saw a thread about headlamps, but none of the ones suggested were as bright as the 5.11 S+R H6 that I am already aware of. I am looking for something brighter. I found one on amazon claiming to be 12000 Lumen, but the listing looked fishy to me, so I'm looking elsewhere for now.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:30 PM

I may have posted before, but if not..... it was probably from watching 'Best of the West' on TV, or possibly in a shooters forum at Beartooth Bullets.
Anyhow.....I'm in Palm Harbor Fla., a kinda old guy that has been 'around the Swamp' a few times, and love shooting and hunting. ( As well as fishing.....hence my screen name. ) Married with grown children, and a brand new granddaughter as of last Nov.
I love God, my Family and Country, and will protect the Constitution with my life.
I barely ( VERY barely...) tolerate Progressives, and don't handle idiots or 'stupid' well at all.
I don't reload, but NEED to start very shortly. My best 'Long Range' stuff is a Rem. 700 SS in .270 Win., and an Adams Arms piston upper on a Palmetto State lower in 5.56 mm. AR.
I'm here to learn all I can about seriously accurate rifles, optics, peripheral gear, and knowledge to put one together and run it with skill.

My 2 centavos..... Lee.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:40 PM

I think I was referred by YouTube. Searching for direction with my 270 wsm. Seams that there is a lot of info floating around here.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:27 PM

Looking for load information for a 257 WYB. It was several years ago, since then I have visited the site on numerous occasions. I find the site to be very informative. Located in Centeral Texas.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:47 PM

Hello fello shooting & hunting nuts . I'm new to the group and figured this looked like a good group to get involved in for some long range shooting and hunting as well as reloading which I have yet to start but am hopefully going to be doing very soon and will be asking some questions from the reloading vets on here.

I am also interested in the for sale section to sell and buy from trust worthy sources.

I was born and raised in Las Vegas, NV where the shooting was great but now I live and working in the Kansas City area and am always looking for matches and good hunting spots.

I am 33 years old and have been shooting since I could pick up a firearm. Shooting is my passion in life.

Thanks for the add.
-RS
Old 05-24-2014, 09:23 PM

Hello LRH.com members. I am new to the site - recommended to me by a lifelong friend and hunting buddy. I was raised in and still resident to Texas although planning retirement someday in Tennessee. My most memorable hunt was for Cape Buffalo in the Selous region of Tanzania on a true wilderness safari in 2006 which was the fulfillment of a lifelong dream I shared with my buddy Lee. I have recently gained more interest in hunting slightly longer distances. I don't anticipate competition, but would like to make shots out to day 4-600 yard range on the varmints that plague TX and TN ranchers (coyote in particular). I just completed a build of an AR platform rifle in 6.5 Grendel - Bushmaster (older gen) lower, Alexander Arms upper, Timney trigger. Now I am shopping for just the right scope. LRH forum has been a good help. I don't have the budget for a Night Force, so have been looking at VorTex, Bushnell, Leopold selections. From what i have read, it looks like a scope with FFP, Parallax Adjustment, Zero Return, and probably in the range of 4-16 or 6-20 variable would probably work for my purposes. Would appreciate any thoughts / input from the forum members. Thanks and God Bless all you vets out there on this upcoming Memorial Day.
Steelbob