Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

How did you find us here at LRH.com?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2006, 10:46 AM
Gold Member

Re: How did you find us here at LRH.com?

Len,I was born a Goofy Newf,but have lived most of my life in and around the Rapid City area. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-28-2006, 11:36 AM
Silver Member

The Google search engine brought me here. For about the tenth time in my life I had a huge buck at 600 yards and I couldn't do anything about it last year so the search began. He may still be safe this year but my range is getting longer. Thanks len for a great site and thanks to all the members who have been here a long time that still take time to answer questions for us rookies no matter how basic they may be. I have to say that the members here really make this site better than any other. I hope I get to know each of you better.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:21 PM
Silver Member

I got a glimpse of accuracy international on tv and wanted to find out more. Typed in awp to Google and found a report with photo's and all on here , superb.

Hooked from that moment!
Old 02-28-2006, 04:59 PM
Platinum Member

As I approached retirement I began to think about building me a “LAST GREAT ELK GUN” to replace my old faithful Ruger #1. I had not thought or done much with guns in a long time so I started searching the internet for actions, scopes, triggers, stock and barrels. It was on Dan Lilja’s site that I saw he was blatantly admitting to shooting at game animals at distances out to 1K and beyond. I wondered how he managed to stay in business because when I had done this type of shooting you were looked upon as some kind of a pervert. In the late 1970’s, admitting that you would shoot at an animal at distances greater than 500yds put you in the same scummy class of lowlife as a person who had volunteered for combat in Vietnam. I read everything Dan Lilja wrote on his site and considered that maybe there were more people like him and me on the internet. So I began the search and almost immediately this site came up. I was simply amazed that there were that many people who actually practiced the same arcane skills that I had used long ago.

I doubt if the members of this forum understand how very difficult it was to go it alone with no advice and no one to turn to for help. Even my hunting partner thought I was crazy.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:49 PM
Platinum Member

I simply typed in a search for .............

some realy whacko , gun nut perverts that get a charge out of bending certain elements to their will in order to send some critters on to a better place and VOILA ! There yall was !

Been right at home ever since.

[image][/image]

Roy gave me the lil feller , reckon he didn't know what he was doing [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Beats the ever loving snot out of the boob tube , and if I pay attention , always a nugget to be gleaned ,

Jim B.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:03 PM
Silver Member

Search engine brought me here, just never left. Didn't post much in the past, felt I needed to learn more before I could give an opinion on anything. A great place to learn new things about our favorite subject. Thanks everyone for all your help! I'll be in Winner, SD June 23-29 to eradicate the plague ridden black tailed vermin.

Be kind to your neighbors... shoot quietly..
WWW.Gem-tech.com
WWW.Advanced-Armament.com
Old 02-28-2006, 08:56 PM
SPONSOR

Like lerch, I was looking for load data for the 125 gr Nosler BT for my 300 RUM. I believe my first post was telling someone not use SMKs for hunting [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]. My how things change in a years time [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]!!