Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

How did you find us here at LRH.com?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 03:14 PM

Re: How did you find us here at LRH.com?

i was surfing and found lrh on another forum it had so muchgood stuff i immeditly? put it on my favorites list. when i have to get back on the computer ,and want to find out anything about shooting reloading this is one of the best places. a buddy i worked with has aplace in mason county. we planted 100 pecan trees which we will have to graft pretty soon . the deer population grew fat off ove our hard work . he called and said hurry and get down here,i have two bucks trying to ruin me . went there about ten days early. sure enough skint trees and no leavs and he was really peeved . we did some minor work went to a flag burning cermony . that was a little later than opening, it was veterons day. we stood to and fired a salute with some 1917 enfelds.i would surely be afraid to fire any thing but a blank in one of those . by the way my friend gave me one rebuilt to 30-338 . tie that sucker to a tire and pull a long string behind a big tree thank you . opening morning finds me at the buffalo waller stand .out steps a 8 point with pecan bark on his horns and aguilty look on his face .my remington model 7 in .243 made short work of him with 1 shot. this happend about 10 min before daylight 3+9+50 leopold like watching tv ', 20 minutes later here comes a 7 p0int he was about 125or150yrds half again as far as the first one i poped him he staggerd then started walking so i poped him again .down he went both behind the same sholder tough old raskel .my buddy killed a 150 200lb boar fat and wonderful off of his corn and pecan tree diet . parden my ignorance. am learning ?????
Old 03-10-2011, 05:38 PM

I was simply surfing trying to get info on how to get my Howa 300wm to shoot better. I realize that mostly it's my lack of skill, but this rifle seems to spray after warming up. Anyway, I came across the article by Jerry Teo concerning rifles built off the Savage/Stevens action. After reading that article I decided to start over and here I am.

Ted
Old 03-15-2011, 08:15 PM

Found you on Google, can't remember what I was looking for. Arkansas shooter and hunter (Montgomery co.) Should say reloader and shooter, son age 32 does a lot more powder burning than I do. Have a range on place with a 300 yd. target, 8in. that he can wear out with my loads. Not world class but thats in the kill zone. Thinking about putting another at 400, for him, not for me. He shoots a 300 Winchester and a 308, I shoot a 7mm mag and a 308. Will be looking for info on best loads for these.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:38 PM
Bronze Member

I was searching for info on savages 111 long range hunter found this site and have been poking around since.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:51 AM

Hi Guys, I was just web surfing last night, I had seen that the Aaron and Mike were now on Long Range Pursuit Tv, googled it and it brought me here.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:04 AM

Hi guys,I'm from South Africa.Paarl to be precise.I'm shooting FT with a Air-Arms S400 and got my provincial colours a week ago and going to nationals at end of April.I was looking on the net on how to make your own rifle stock.Find every thread interresting though.Didnt even search for what I was looking for yet,but will get there.Eventually
Old 04-22-2011, 07:00 PM

Was looking to purchase a scope for one of my rifles. Got what I need from a man in Fla. He is a member of LRH. He asked if I ever go on your site. And as they say "the rest is history". Keep up the good work. And , Oh, by the way, I've taken deer at 405, 385, and 365yds. in Nebraska. Can't do that in Carolina. Good equipment and hand loads. All one shot kills. 300 RUM-180 Nosler.