Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

How did you find us here at LRH.com?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2009, 12:33 AM
Gold Member

Re: How did you find us here at LRH.com?

I was watching some videos on YouTube and saw a guy shooting a 30-06 at 400 yards and decided to try it since I never shot over 250 yards before. I hit the milk jug and decided to try even further with my peep sight. When I only could hit the jug again at 500 yards I decided to get some advice.

I joined a firearms and hunting site much like this one. Looking around and not seeing much of longer range shooting, I made a new thread asking about economical extreme range shooting.

Those people were very, um... unenthusiastic with my post, (which I think is the longest thread on that site now,) but one comment stuck out. The comment that outlined this site and how it was entirely possible to build an extreme long range rifle for cheap.

I haven't stopped reading the articles and forum posts since. This site is by far the most informative site on shooting I have ever seen. The people are most knowledgeable and willing to pass that knowledge on without prejudice. Exactly what I was looking for! I love it!
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."-- Samuel Adams
Old 11-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Bronze Member

Hello everyone- Always looking for chat on the STW, I have three and love two of them. I enjoy hunting and just punching holes paper. As hard as it is to get a tag here in AZ, I spend most of my free time at the range not in the field. I do shoot more than just STW's and have a awesome 700 SPS Tactical that is hard to beat at 300 yds. Stay in touch.
7stwnut
Old 11-27-2009, 10:38 PM
Bronze Member

I think I was snooping around on the McMillan site. I enjoy shooting and am most interested in learning all I can from others experiences.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:30 PM

I was searching for reloading information and found the site.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:51 AM

Lookng to purchase a new rifle and google brought me here!
Old 12-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Platinum Member

I was looking for something that would accomodate 300 smk's, bigger than my 300rum with excellent ballistics/accuracy. LRH came up and I've been hooked since. Unbelievable wealth of knowledge, folks always willing to help, whether your a novice, intermediate, experienced or expert doesn't matter...folks here want to see you succeed. Most important to me folks are diplomatic even if they disagree and so far I haven't seen any testasterone, macho stuff...there's other forum sites for that and some of you probably know which ones. It feels like an extended family here. Thanks to all

Last edited by Chas1; 12-04-2009 at 07:21 PM. Reason: no email notification
Old 12-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Silver Member

I WAS LOOKING FOR INFO ON THE .338,.375, AND 408 CT AND WHILE DOING A SEARCH I FOUND THIS SITE AND LOVE IT . STILL HAVE NOT FIGURED OUT WHICH ONE THO HAVE BUILT OR WHO TO DO IT BUT THERE`S ALOT OF INFO HERE.NOT MANY PLACES HERE IN NW OHIO TO SHOOT LONG RANGE BUT I CAN GET WOOD CHUCKS AT 400 YARDS ON MY PROPERTY. IT`S A START ANY WAYS. I`M GLAD I FOUND A SITE THAT HAS THE SAME INTRESTS AS I DO. THE BIGGER THE BETTER.