Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

Hiya All from Australia

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2011, 07:25 AM

Hiya All from Australia

Hiya Guys/Girls

I am relatively new to the shooting game only just got my license and just bought my first gun Howa .223 1500 Varmint stainless barrel laminated stock, as i have no experience no skills and basically no idea what was what i just went with what i liked the look of.

So Ive been trolling around googling things to try and bring my knowledge up, and i came across this site, and must say its one of the best sites i have encountered so far so good in fact that i decided to join.. i do have a couple of questions for the re loaders so i will be off to the the reloading section after this intro..

Really enjoying the sport so far done a little hunting but mostly just shooting paper atm

Anyway this is just a quick howdy all, i am just your regular aussie bloke into most of the regular things Bikes, cars, music, pretty women and a couple of quiet beers..

Cheers all and have a nice day..
Old 08-29-2011, 03:19 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Hiya All from Australia

Welcome to LongRangeHunting and good luck with what is probably your first gun of many.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:10 PM
Bronze Member

Hey Mate

Where are you in AU? I travel to Perth, Adelaide and Sydney on occasion. Most Aussies I know are deadly afraid of Yankee-style guns.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:58 PM

@ Peraculture I am in Newcastle bout 1.5 hours north of Sydney, Not sure about most Aussies but the few guys i hang with would love to get there hands on some of the guns you guys have in the US myself included its pretty weak over here in Australia :(

@ ss7mm hell yes many more to come, the howa was just a starter to get me in the game

Thanks for the welcome guys
Old 09-18-2011, 01:08 AM
Silver Member

G'day from Perth how are you fellas? I just put up a new thread in the Australia forum about helping Australian firearm owners, so any advice with our problem would be great. I'm the proud owner of a ruger 22-250, 22 magnum marlin and a lever action 12 gauge shotgun IAC and I'm looking at getting a 300 win mag. Iv been hunting since I was knee high to a grass hopper and love it.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:03 AM
Bronze Member

Welcome DieselMack. Good to hear from our neighbors from down under. Hope your new adventure into this sport is a satisfying and lifelong pursuit. MTG