Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

Hi From Belgium

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 03:14 AM

Hi From Belgium

I have been lurking on this forum for quite a while and though I find many of the articles very interesting, I didn't take part in any yet. The reason for this is that I try not to spend too much time behind the keybord and more behind the guns I own. However I think it's about time that I made myself known.

As a competition shooter and hunter I take a keen interest in any info that can improve my shooting. I take great interest in well-fouded articles dealing with the technical aspects (reloading, ballistics...) of our passion.

Competitive wise I am restricted to prone shooting (300meters), due to an accident I suffered a couple of years ago.

As a hunter I hunt both small game an big game (as much as finances allow). I have quite some experience with hunting in Africa.

I visited the States several times allready as I am acquainted with a renown hunting agency & outfitter in Virginia and I intend to do so again in the future.

Further areas of interest are motorcycling, science, nature and the outdoors in general

greetings

Eddy
Old 03-12-2009, 07:58 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Hi From Belgium

Hello Eddy. What setup do you primarily use in the 300m competition? Just curious...
Old 03-12-2009, 03:48 PM

Hi Britz

For shooting 300 meters prone I use a Smidts Free Rifle (ISSF). We have a very capable gunsmith here in Belgium (C. Smidts) who builds (and shoots) excellent competition rifles quality wise on a par with the best names in the industry (Tanner, Grünig & Elmiger etc...).

My rifle has a Border cut rifling match barrel in cal. 6BR. Honesty dictates to mention that my rifles' accuracy outperforms my shooting capabilities.

Greetz

Ed
Old 03-12-2009, 07:01 PM
PUBLISHER

eddy, welcome!

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors