Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

Hello from Wisconsin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 01:41 PM

Hello from Wisconsin

Hey everyone, My very first post! I live in the country in west Wi, moved here 25 years ago and had 3 safe directions in whitch to make toys go bang. Then 2 directions, 1, and now I have to keep all projectiles in the confines of my 3 acre yard!! Dang city folks (cityots). Who in there right mind woud build a house on a rifle range? Oh well still manage to get a few rounds off. Been getting more and more into long range shooting, rangeing, and learning how to use my scope. Also getting good lessons from friends at the range to do with cheek weld, hand positions, ect. I am having a real blast! Been shooting for about 45 years and never learned as much as since starting long range stuff. As I build confidence in my rifle(s), shooting skills, and oh yeah, did I mention recently learning (beginer) how to handload, I dream about getting a chance to go west or north for some hunting where this is a necesity. Hope you folks can help with that! Always finding new things to learn in this bidnez. If anyone could use help with tranfers of firearms, cans, machime guns, etc. In west/nothwest wi, I have 07FFL and 02SOT and am at your service.
Always lookin for,
Lessdrop
Old 01-13-2011, 01:55 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Hello from Wisconsin

Welcome to LongRangeHunting. Sounds like it might be time to move farther out in the country.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:39 PM
Silver Member

Re: Hello from Wisconsin

Welcome to the site.
I'm from SE WI and get up to the Antigo area by the in laws and Holmen to shoot silhouettes in the summer.
I was just looking up New Richmond because of someone living there but don't remember who it was, must be someone for a 4x4 club that is on one of the WI forums.
I will be out chasing coyote tracks with my jeep this weekend, they just don't want to cooperate and come out and play.

Take care