Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

Hello from Syracuse, NY

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 09:03 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Hello from Syracuse, NY

My property borders Dobbins State park and it's loaded with turkey and deer. I think they get driven by hunters to my land as the only way in is from my property or to walk the logging trails all the way to me. I think most hunters, at least for deer don't want to drag them back to their truck, so I suspect they come onto my property, I know the the Turkeys do.

I'll probably take you up on the foodplots. My brotherinlaw is planning to do some on his too.

Stay in touch.

Ed
Old 03-21-2012, 02:30 PM

Re: Hello from Syracuse, NY

Ed,

I've got the same situation on my property. It backs up to McDonough State Forest in Chenango County. There is a long ridge above my property and that is the only access to the state land. It drops off to my property and the hunters coming in from above push the deer down into my thick stuff to hide. Most of the hunters don't come down the hill very far because it's pretty steep and they don't want to have to drag the deer back up the hill.

Keep me posted about helping out with the food plots. I'm an educator so during this summer I have Fridays off and can help out several Fridays and Saturdays. I'm over that way pretty regularly because my youngest daughter is going to Houghton College and it's not that much farther to Little Valley It's a beautiful area!

I'll keep in touch,
Ed