Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

Hello from South Central Oregon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 09:40 PM

Hello from South Central Oregon

I was a hunter and shooter for 45 years and then gave it all up and got into photography. I sold most of my guns, reloading equipment and components. I kept my Ruger 10/22 heavy barrel which I use for ground squirrels. There is a question about that which I will bring up in another forum. Anyway, we lost my father in law last year and I inherited his Rem. 700, .22-250. So now I am getting interested in shooting again. There are many things I got rid of that I wish I had back now. It is still very windy, cold and wet here in Klamath Falls. The ground squirrels aren't out real well yet, but they will be soon. I have already splattered a few with the Rem. I'm looking forward to seeing what all this web site has to offer. Cheers, Ron
Old 04-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Hello from South Central Oregon

Welcome to LongRangeHunting Ron. Sounds like you've got a couple of good guns there to give the ground squirrels fits with when the weather warms up a little.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:44 PM

Re: Hello from South Central Oregon

Thanks for the reply. And thanks to Len for the heads up on the Chrono contest. I could use one of those. That was one of the things I gave up when I quit shooting. I really don't anticipate spending the money to get all of those things again. When you are retired the money doesn't go as far as when I was working and could work all of the OT I wanted to. I have to prioritize. Cheers, Ron