Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

Hello from SC...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Bronze Member

Hello from SC...

My name is Morgan and I'm from South Carolina. I've hunted all my life and have always been facinated by rifles and long range shooting. Hunting the "bean fields" around here can provide some sporty shooting at deer/hogs.

I currently shoot a Rem. 700 tactical 300 win mag and it shoots very well with factory ammo. I am very new to reloading and joined this site and others to soak up as much information as possible. It is very addicting, I already have plans to build a custom 6.5-284, once I feel I have enough reloading experience.

Quick question, just to prove how much of a novice I am. What do ES and SD stand for in all of these articles I have been reading. I assume SD = standard deviation?

I think I should have been more studious in my physics and statistics courses.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Hello from SC...

Welcome to Long Range Hunting Morgan.

You are right about the SD meaning. ES is extreme spread and is the difference in velocity between the slowest and the fastest rounds chronographed.