Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

Hello from Oregon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Hello from Oregon

Great to see another Oregon guy! Youve found a new Home here at L/R/H. gREAT videos. Dont feel bad, I shot 500 in the wind this weekend and my BEST group was 1'' tall,.......... but 9inches WIDE! I was having one heck of a time as well! 15-20 mph constant blowing grass, and wiggeling sagebrush plus with gusts and flurries rocking me on the ground, it was kickin my butt HARD!!!!! Id try shooting only when the 500yd flags died down, but to no avail. I need to shoot alot more in the wind.
p.s. were you on green mountain? looked like a place or two down 6 or 26, past Banks or Gales creek.
Wheres home for you? (then/now) Im origionaly from Baker Co. and now live in Central Or. But Ive got relitaves on the (ssshhhhhh) west side. poor souls!

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 04-12-2010, 05:22 PM

Hey Winmag....well I'm originally from Grant Co. so near you, but I currently live in Beaverton.....and yes, I hate it, but it's where the job is.

I was actually down near Silverton on my in-laws farm. Pretty good place to shoot....nobody around to bother me and lots of space. I've got a set of steel targets made up, one 12", 10" and 8" that I can move around as I wish so it works out pretty good. Even a few coyotes running around for a little excitement now and then! Let me know if you're headed over this area sometime and want to get out and shoot. I always like shooting with and learning from others.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:24 PM
Platinum Member

Nice videos...ahhh I needed that fix. Good shooting. Shooting with the wind has it's challenges. Stick with it and thanks for sharing the vids. Keep us posted.