Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

Hello from North Dakota.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 12:56 PM

Hello from North Dakota.

Originally from western montana, but now living in minot, nd. Looking to build a long range rifle, now that I'm in open country. Always been partial to 7mm, so looking at the stw, rum, allen mag, dakota, 7mm/375 ruger, and maybe even the 7mm/300wm. Learned alot allready reading thru the forum, and looking forward to learning more.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:06 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Hello from North Dakota.

Welcome to LRH!! I'm from Dickinson, ND. Lots of knowledge here and if you want a 7mm-300 win Broz is the man to talk to.

Riley

I'm 16
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/

My guess on W3P .308 230 Grain Bullet: G1 .740-.755
Old 12-25-2012, 01:20 AM

Thanks for the tip. Got some funds coming in for a rifle, and got more reading to do. I am half tempted to get a 7mm rem mag, and upgrade later. The new mossberg 4x4s are pretty tempting with the muzzle brake, laminate stock, and there attempt at a adjustable accutrigger. I got to hold an used one at our scheels the other day, and it felt pretty good. It had the walnut stock, and from what I have heard, only the synthetic is not liked. Really want to just be able to get out and start shooting in the 500yrd range, and maybe work up from there. Have access to a shooting range with targets up to 650.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:35 AM
Platinum Member

The 7mm rem will do everything you mentioned and more. You can always have it rechambered into a STW and if you do check out the 7mm stw thread here.

Riley

I'm 16
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/

My guess on W3P .308 230 Grain Bullet: G1 .740-.755