Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

Hello from Georgia

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2013, 04:42 PM

Hello from Georgia

I am glad to finally be a part of this forum after conducting an extensive and lengthy stalking session to get in range to pull the trigger. I am a newbie to long range hunting and I am looking forward to making use of all of the invaluable information here. While I doubt I will be looking at the yardages you westerners cover, the advice still applies and I am thrilled to have the opportunity to explore long range shooting. I have also had the opportunity to hunt Colorado elk, though I did not get a chance to fill my tag. I loved the experience and the challenges presented by even considering shots in excess of 400 yards.

As a brief rundown of my equipment: Rem700 Sendero SS in 7mm STW (my first rifle and overkill for what I hunt but I just fell in love with it); T/C Icon in .308 with a Zeiss Conquest HD5 3-12 x 42, both new. I am just waiting to get the Icon back from T/C's recall so I can start practicing on my range. Still looking for a good budget rangefinder, as the Zeiss counted as my big purchase for this hunting season. Hoping to upgrade my scope on the STW next year.