Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

Hello

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2010, 04:45 PM

Hello

How's it going everybody? My name is Chase and I'm out in Colorado. I've been poking around on here for quite a while now, but haven't really posted much of anything. I got interested in the forum when I was looking to build my long range rig last year. Well, I followed Jerry's instructions and I have to say that I built a doosey of a 338 RUM off a Stevens/Savage 110 action. Honestly, I was really surprised at how everything turned out. Hokey smokes does that thing shoot! The first time I pulled the trigger I was thinking, "Please...don't be a piece of firewood!" I was hoping for less than 1 MOA and, well, I think I got better than half that! I'll try and post some pics once I figure out how...

This is a great place! Thanks for all of the great advice that I've been snooping on. It really helped me out with every step of the process, from caliber selection, to bedding job, to trigger, muzzle brake, etc. Now, I think I've got something that I'll always be proud of and can pass down to my kids and grand kids someday.

Best,

Chase
Old 10-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Hello

Welcome to LongRangeHunting Chase. If you have any problems with the pics check out this link. http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...picture-25364/
Old 10-13-2010, 06:38 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Hello

Welcome to LRH and enjoy!

I have a couple of Savages and am interested on what you've done on yours if you do not mine sharing them. Pictures would be very nice too. Thanks.

Ed

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.

Last edited by FEENIX; 10-13-2010 at 06:41 AM.