Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

Hats Off From an Arkansan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2010, 12:03 AM
Silver Member

Hats Off From an Arkansan

Howdy fellas and gals . Just signed up recently although I have been a lurker here for over a year. Made my decision *over a year ago* to buy a Sendero in 300 Win Mag, topped with a leupy vx-3 LRT 6.5-20 with the Varmint hunters reticule, to get myself started in long range shooting based upon information I dug through for weeks on the forums here. Didnt want to just jump straight in and drop 4 grand on a mega rifle that is capable of shooting farther than I should seriously attempt at this point.

The farm I grew up on didn't warrant much more than a 30-30 to keep meat on the table but we now have a much more diverse area to hunt up in the hills around the Mtn. View area in north Central Arkansas with shots up to and surpassing 1000yards. Which is much further than I am comfortable shooting at this point though.

The hats off is to this community, I have read what feels like a Metric-Crapton of information about bullet seating depth's, powder burn rates,bedding actions,floating barrels,lapping the lugs,custom barrels,wildcat loads,scope mounting,temperature,coriolis effect, which bullet is the best,which caliber is the best,which gun is the best, drop charts, from many different online communities.I must say I chose to actually register and attempt to contribute in any way I possibly can with LRH.com because you ppl are the most knowledgeable and hell, most cordial folks I have run across. There seems to be a minimal amount of elitist crap around here and everyone seems to be extremely knowledgeable. You guys seem like friendly down home good people, and for what its worth I'm durn proud to have found a place that is more about shooting and advancing the perceived limits of the sport than personal chest beating and bickering as is commonly the case on quite a few forums that I have run across.

Apologies for such a long "hello" post, but I felt obliged to offer more than a simple "howdy" to people *members and admin* that put so much effort into making this website what it is, I am truly impressed and grateful that I found longrangehunting.com I did not know how truly little I knew untill i started reading about what you guys do, and I hope to be able to consider myself a "long range hunter" one of these days!

-Bishop

Last edited by Bishop; 08-08-2010 at 12:04 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-08-2010, 01:15 AM
SPONSOR

Re: Hats Off From an Arkansan

Welcome to LRH!
Glad you joined and posted.

BTW-My last name is Bishop
Old 08-09-2010, 10:42 PM
Silver Member

Ty Ty Ernie and certainly I am most glad to be here.

"Bishop" as well, I used to think I had a semi-uncommon last name but I keep running into Bishop's Everywhere.

Just started askin around about anyone selling reloading equipment around the local area *town pop 11,000 or so* and low and behold I was given the phone number of another Bishop! That no one in my family has ever heard of haha. Im beginning to wonder if one of my uncles went a lil too much johnny appleseed in his younger days.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:40 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome, glad to have you here. Lots of good folks and lots of good info. Enjoy.