Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

Greeting from Arizona

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 08:18 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Greeting from Arizona

I'd be happy to meet you out at Usary Pass with a few of my weapons to try out. Went crazy and first purchased the Barret MRAD 338 and the cost of training ammo was eating me alive, so purchased a Rem 700r 308 custom and love it. Probably the best way to go, if you're not doing competition. Federal Sierra Match King 175 gr. best ammom unless you get into reloading, but that still runs about a buck a round. From what I've read not a bad hunting round and you should be good to 600-800 yards. The hunters in the group know better than I.

Let me know if you're interested and we can meet out at the range for some fun shooting. I'm still new to the sport, but have lots of research into this the last 5 months. I'm 64 years young and shoot with my 35 year old son. Great Fun!!!

George
Old 10-29-2012, 11:56 PM

George,

Thank you very much for the invite. I would gladly like to take you up on the offer. What day do you usually go out there? I work Sun-Tues and every other Sat. I'll give my better half the heads up and smooth it over with her and hopefully we can meet up sometime out there.

Jason
Old 10-30-2012, 05:53 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentStalker View Post
George,

Thank you very much for the invite. I would gladly like to take you up on the offer. What day do you usually go out there? I work Sun-Tues and every other Sat. I'll give my better half the heads up and smooth it over with her and hopefully we can meet up sometime out there.

Jason
Jason,
I am off weekends and Tuesdays, but pretty tied up for the next 2 weeks. Give me a call on my cell (602) 695-5958 and I'm certain we can find a good time we can agree on. Been maried 43 years, so know about the wife. I'm easy as I believe that family always needs to come first, so if for some reason you need to cancel on short notice-no problem-I can still go out and shoot alone as I do most of the time. Usually only shoot 20-30 rounds before fatigue sets in. Look forward to hearing from you.
George
Old 10-31-2012, 08:54 AM
Silver Member

welcome fellow Arizonan, i live over on the far west side near the white tanks. seems like all the hunters live over in the chandler-mesa areas, not many on this side.
you will find alll sorts of interesting articles and info on this site and questiions will be answered by very knowledgeable people when they can help. enjoy the site and good luck with your hunting.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:17 AM
Bronze Member

Always great to hear from other Arizona shooters. I agree lots of good information on this site.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:18 PM

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome to this forum. I look forward to meeting those that are close to me and learn the ins/outs of long range shooting.