Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

Gary from Missouri

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Silver Member

Gary from Missouri

My name is Gary. I live in Missouri and have for most of my life. I spent several years in Indianapolis after high school, but otherwise, Mo is home.

I'm currently 38 yrs old. I've been shooting since I was in diapers. My first squirrel got too close when I was 4. My first deer met it's maker when I was 10. I've been addicted ever since.....to any type of hunting.

I've been coming to Long Range Hunting since the first time I clicked on a link that brought me here. From what little I know at this point, this is a GREAT resource. And one that I'm very happy to have found.

Why am I here? I'm here to learn learn learn. I'm a great shot compared to the average Joe. But compared to what I've seen here and know to exist elsewhere, I'd barely be competent to carry some of y'alls rifles.....lol. You folks here take shooting to heights that I've never seen before. So I want to learn as much as I can about how you guys take the "magic air" out of critters lungs at extreme ranges.

Eventually I'd love to be able to go out west and find a decent bull elk in my crosshairs. I'm somewhat disabled----reconstructed knee----so I'm hoping that honing my marksmanship skills with the proper equipment and training, might take some of my own physical limitations away.

To be specific, I believe that I can trek the mountain terrain within reason, but I can't do it quickly. I have to be more careful than most. So I'm hoping that I can use vantage points to my advantage once I get out there. But admittedly, I have A LOT of homework to do before I can actually work on strategies.

Right now, my focus is on getting my equipment list started and eventually filled. So I'm going to stop typing my intro, and get to the boards to learn some more. See ya out there......

Old 07-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Gary from Missouri

Very nice introduction, I know there are several guys that I would like to carry rifles for if they would just take me along on some shooting lessons. I just thought 600 yards was a long shot until I started playing around on this site.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:07 AM
Silver Member

Re: Gary from Missouri

Thank you. Yeah, I agree with you----I thought 600 was way out there too.....lol. Little did we know, huh?