Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

Fort Worth, TX guy looking to learn about long range shooting/hunting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010, 04:53 PM
Silver Member

Fort Worth, TX guy looking to learn about long range shooting/hunting

I'm 31 years old... live in the fort worth, tx area. don't have a lot of time to shoot or hunt, but LOVE both! I grew up in Central, PA where everything was free to hunt on public land! HA! NOT IN TEXAS! Public land is super limited and the hunts are VERY expensive...

...anyway, I love guns, have many. love to shoot and to load for accuracy. looking to take that one step beyond 100 yds! ;) ...hopefully all the way to 1,000!

Hello everyone! It will be fun getting to know all of you!

Oh, one last thing... my long range gun right now is a Remington 700 in 300 RUM with a Swarovski Z6... looking to get into a .338 lapua or .338 AM very soon...

john
Old 10-13-2010, 05:25 PM
Silver Member

Re: Fort Worth, TX guy looking to learn about long range shooting/hunting

John,

Welcome to TX....I myself came down from MT, and yes, the hunting/shooting opportunities down here are few and far between. Check out Tiger Valley down in Waco--they have a huge range and do a lot of training for military contractors. I believe they have some known distance matches a couple times a year.

Good luck!