Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

Enjoying LRH in Mississippi

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 05:43 PM

Enjoying LRH in Mississippi

Hey everyone,

I found LRH doing some research on loads for a 300 Win Mag. I've embarked on a project to make a 1,000 yard shot on a deer within the next two years. I've hunted all my life, a lot, but have learned more about rifles, ballistics, and accuracy in the last 6 months than I knew existed - mainly from this site. I currently have a Browning A-Bolt Medallion in 300 Win Mag. I am strongly considering trading it for a Remington 700 due mainly to the limitations of the trigger adjustment. The rifle currently shoots sub MOA with 180 gr Barnes Tipped TSX over 70 grains of H4831SC, but investing in an aftermarket trigger along with a recoil pad has nudged me over the edge with this rifle. I would be curious to hear any of your opinions and/or suggestions.

Thanks and I really enjoy the forum!
Old 11-26-2013, 05:47 AM

Re: Enjoying LRH in Mississippi

I've always been a Winchester model 70 guy and I have a Browning A bolt medallion 300 win short mag. I tried something a friend told me about and just bought my second Savage Arms rifle a 308 and most recent a 338 Lapua. The accu trigger is amazing.