Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

Eastern Ohio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2009, 11:32 PM
Gold Member

Re: Eastern Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Russo View Post
justgoto~

Shoot me a pm with your contact info. I come right past you on my way out there, there's always room for one more if you want to join us.

I am looking into getting reloading equipment then trying out my 30-06 for accuracy with my own loads. I am wondering if my rifle shoots well enough. When I hooked up my scope the adjustments didn't go as planned and I am wondering if there is a problem with my 30-06.

Here is what the targets looked like.

(The hole in the paper plate is old.)

I am kinda thinking my rifle is not shooting properly because after one click scope adjustment down my next shot looked like this.

The dirt in the left side of the pic.
There was a tree close to that red line angle but I would have had to be missing the target by 50 feet to hit that tree. I was thinking there is a headspace problem but the other shots were in line vertically.
Unless there was a bird I hit and didn't notice, I have no explanation for that shot and that bothers me.

So I am going to buy reloading equipment, then load my own ammo, then try to see if it does that again here at home before I take my rifle out anywhere.

But yeah, I will PM you with my info and when I get this sorted out I will gladly go! I really want to try shooting over 500 yards with my new scope!

It could be over a month before I will be ready, I am thinking of buying another rifle, maybe a 308 or a 338 winchester mag but I am still looking around.
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."-- Samuel Adams
Old 04-28-2009, 09:40 PM
SPONSOR

Welcom to LRH. I'm sure you'll find a wealth of information here. If you can't find what your looking for just ask, there are alot of LRH member who are more than willing to share their experiences and expertise. Have fun and good shooting.

www.mcrifles.com
Old 04-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Gold Member

Thank you Kevin!

P.S. I found where the shot went in my above comment.

I was shooting at a plate beside the larger target and it went above the plate. So once I get my reloading equipment I will try that again.

(I was using old gun show ammo.)
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."-- Samuel Adams