Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

counter sniper optics!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 05:16 AM

counter sniper optics!!!

Can anyone help me? I have recently purchased a barrett 98bravo .338 lapua magnum,and a counter sniper optics 3-25x50mm scope.does anyone have any practical information,or opinions as to how accurate this scope is considering I have only had the chance to use this weapons system on a relitively short range of 200yds!...also if anyone is interested in buying precision optics,I would highly recomend this company,as they are contracted to the military,as well as offering OVERRUN PRICES!! www.countersniperusa.com thanks from hawaii,.338 magnumshooter/kaylen h.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Platinum Member

Re: counter sniper optics!!!

I have seen this optic come up on a lot of forums and it has not been favorable. There is a lot of slick words on the web sight and I can find no military that uses them as their contracted optic or even on the list for evaluations.
Hard to swallow, look at their higher end and you can buy a Hensolt or PMII for less money and they have actual military contracts.
Box test it if it tracts true and repeatable with good glass, rock it!

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 06-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Platinum Member

LOL---There is a sucker born every minute! In optics it is a fair statement that you get what you pay for and this thing smells like a rotting corpse LOL.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigngreen View Post
I have seen this optic come up on a lot of forums and it has not been favorable. There is a lot of slick words on the web sight and I can find no military that uses them as their contracted optic or even on the list for evaluations.
Hard to swallow, look at their higher end and you can buy a Hensolt or PMII for less money and they have actual military contracts.
Box test it if it tracts true and repeatable with good glass, rock it!
I like the box test idea. I would turn your turrits 2 or 3 moa at 100, then shoot Top right top left, bottom left, bottom right, then what back to top right again to confirm zero. Never know, it might track ok. At least you'll know if its worth a darn or not.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"

Last edited by winmag; 06-05-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Gold Member

I've heard of Counter Sniper optics. Usually as the punchline of a joke.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:57 AM
Platinum Member

Doubt we will be hearing from 338Magnumshooter again now that he has figured out he was Hosed to tears on his purchase!
Old 06-06-2010, 03:00 PM

As a matter of fact,you will be hearing from me again!! I appreciate the opinions and realize that the scope is not all that it claims to be,but I also need to do more thurough testing for a final judgement on this optic,althought I'm fairly certain it will fall way short of their claims!! As you said,live and learn! I've never claimed to be an EXPERT,and yes I should have done more research,but to err is human,so I did not appreciate the sucker born everyday comment,kindly keep those opinions to yourself,as they help NO ONE!! My next purchase will be a nightforce optics,wich I have done my homework on! .338magnumshooter!!