close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

Choosing calibers for Stateside hunting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-28-2011, 02:29 PM

Re: Choosing calibers for Stateside hunting

Thanks gents! I appreciate your local fellah input. I'm going to use the barrels on a single shot Thompson/Center 'coz I've always been drawn to the 'make the one shot count' school but your points about the 416 Rigby are still good even though I won't be pop popping away.
Actually, I've broken my left (preferred) should a few year back and Claudia did her left one when I was just a week out of my sling - call it a family event 'coz her father followed us within six months. Oh, and a tip for you all is to make sure you and your roommate always break the other side's shoulder, not the same side, so you can way way better enjoy recovering... I digress...
I am with you Matt and WyoElk, so I'll go with either a 7mm rem mag or a 300 depending on which works better on an Encore Pro Hunter.
Hey out there, any thoughts on which, the 7mm or the 300, for an Encore?