Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

Buy How to dope the Wind - Beyond Belief video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2010, 07:52 PM
Silver Member

Buy How to dope the Wind - Beyond Belief video

Buy How To Dope The Wind - Beyond Belief Video here at the LRH Gear Shop.

I am new on this forum , from southwest Pa . and have been shooting long range for about three years. I've been to shooting school in Wyoming and am aproaching 3000 rounds in practice and shooting ground hogs. I got a muley at 785 yards and last week got my 8 point here in Pa at 975 yards. Problem is that after all that practice I didn't hit the whitetail where I was aiming. I was a full 4 minutes left of where I was aiming ! From the indicators I was using, I thought the wind was straight at the buck. After that shot, I called John Porter at the Best of The West and he told me about the new vidio. It came yesterday and I am amazed by all the info amd easy to understand graphics and big name shooters who really share alot of information that will really help make me a better shooter. I would reccomend it to anyone who is serious about 1000 yard shots.

Last edited by Len Backus; 01-12-2011 at 09:59 AM.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:25 PM
PUBLISHER

re: Buy How to dope the Wind - Beyond Belief video

I have a bunch of these coming along with the others made by BOTW. They'll be in the LRH Gear Shop this coming week.

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 12-26-2010, 12:03 AM
Platinum Member

I got a copy of "How to dope the Wind Beyond Belief" for my son for Xmas and just finished watching it.

It is a very good DVD with much attention paid to history of firearms, importance of doping/compensating, effects of wind, and systems for compensating.

However I felt that relative to the title, "Beyond Belief," there wasn't enough attention given to accurately doping the wind in the field. Perhaps lack of attention given to a lot of aspects of doping wind that I've picked up from other sources is some indication that those methods or systems are not especially useful? If so, then come right out and say it.

Like a lot of good movies, it left me with a few unanswered questions...

Scientifically speaking... what is mirage?
Is mirage more indicative of wind at the muzzle, at the target, or for the full distance? ..or, does that vary and when/why?
How might mirage appear when wind at the muzzle and down range are in varying directions?
When and how do you read vegetation?
Sure you can hold out your hand and feel the wind. Why not toss a little dirt or leaves into the air?
Range cards and methods for those of us with plain old MOA scopes.

Nonetheless, the experts appearing in the video are beyond reproach and give a wealth of sound and useful advice surrounding the subject.

No doubt I missed more than a few useful tidbits. So, after watching it 10 or more times and taking copious notes, we'll be far better shooters for having done so.

I would definitely recommend the DVD to anyone interested in getting into long range hunting and shooting. ...can't wait for the sequel.

thanks!
Richard
Old 12-26-2010, 09:51 AM
Platinum Member

There is a lot to learning how to read condition ------ this will help you win matches or make the shot on game. Enjoy!!

Old 12-26-2010, 12:35 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks Boss Hoss!
So much to learn.
So little time.
--Richard
Old 01-12-2011, 10:06 AM
PUBLISHER

I just got my first shipment of this new video and completed watching it a few minutes ago. Wow, this one is destined to be their best, highest viewed video. It is full of a variety of big name, credible shooters who explain wind and ballistics in several different ways.

Here is a YouTube trailer for it.

YouTube - How to Dope the Wind Beyond Belief Trailer

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 01-15-2011, 07:51 AM
Silver Member

chattman101 , I think you entered the contest on the wrong thread !!!