Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

Big life changes, including a move to Colorado.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2009, 07:57 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Big life changes, including a move to Colorado.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Russo View Post
AJ

"Sometimes a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do"

Good luck to you, the toughest part will be being away from the family.
Joel,

You are absolutely correct. I try not to think about it, I've just been focusing on work. If I start thinking about it, it's a downer.

AJ

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives
Old 01-14-2009, 07:58 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Best of luck to ya AJ! I can kinda relate to what you are doing. The current economic situation has us stuck in a place we no longer wish to be. I just met with my Realestate agent today and we dropped the price of our property here another 40K. If it sells we will be in Montana broke and happy.

I hope your buisness venture goes well.

Jeff

Broz,

We are in the same boat. I don't even want to think about how far underwater we are with our house. Maybe I'll ask the gvtmnt for some bailout money for us.

Good Luck,
AJ

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives
Old 01-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Platinum Member

Len, Eddybo, Jmason, James H,

Thanks for the wishes, I really do appreciate them!

James,

Drop me a line re: your elk areas. I plan on doing some backpacking once spring comes.

AJ

Old 01-14-2009, 08:14 PM
Gold Member

AJ, good luck! I envy you bud.........it will be rough but worth it in the end. My wife and I love the West but I am tied down here with my business and it will probably be many years before I can make a move like you. It is in the plans though.............................

Hang in there!

Brian
Old 01-14-2009, 08:32 PM
Bronze Member

Good Luck A.J. Hope you and your family find each other well in the near future. I was told last Wed. that the company I work for would cease production on Fri. of last week and close the doors. Right now a few of us are clearing out equipment. I had seen the writing on the wall a few months ago and I too will be on my way to Colorado shortly. My wife was born and raised in Loveland, so we will be there for awhile. Again Good Luck and God's Speed!!

Last edited by LostInSpace278; 01-14-2009 at 08:33 PM. Reason: poor Kentucky grammar
Old 01-14-2009, 08:43 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInSpace278 View Post
Good Luck A.J. Hope you and your family find each other well in the near future. I was told last Wed. that the company I work for would cease production on Fri. of last week and close the doors. Right now a few of us are clearing out equipment. I had seen the writing on the wall a few months ago and I too will be on my way to Colorado shortly. My wife was born and raised in Loveland, so we will be there for awhile. Again Good Luck and God's Speed!!
LostInSpace,

Thanks for the wishes. I really do feel your pain. I don't want this to sound like a commercial, but when you get here, give me a chance to help you out in the insurance sphere. I have a cousin in Erie that I visit often, he is an NRA instructor and can get you the info you will need for your CCW. Erie is only about 30 miles from Loveland. The county down here issued my CCW on the same day I applied.

If there is anything I can do for you to assist in your move, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Best wishes to you and your family.

AJ

Old 01-14-2009, 08:45 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mmSendaro View Post
AJ, good luck! I envy you bud.........it will be rough but worth it in the end. My wife and I love the West but I am tied down here with my business and it will probably be many years before I can make a move like you. It is in the plans though.............................

Hang in there!

Brian
Brian,

It was a tough decision whether to start a business here or back in Michigan, but I've always planned on retiring back to my home state and didn't think it wise to spend the effort and time to start a business, just so I could sell it and do it again.

Thanks,
AJ