Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

Another new Oregon member

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 03:14 PM

Another new Oregon member

Hello everybody
I've been lurking here for a year or so, I finally got smart enough to join as a member. I live in E. Oregon, and enjoy shooting whenever I get the chance---------which isn't as often as I like. Currently I'm working up loads and learning to shoot a couple .223AIs. I've got a few other guns that haven't made it to the range yet but that still doesn't stop me from wanting to build a .25-06AI anyway. Well, hopefully that takes care of the intro. If I get off the computer maybe I can get some time at the reloading bench.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:59 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Another new Oregon member

Welcome to LongRangeHunting.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:26 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarter Bore View Post
Hello everybody
I've been lurking here for a year or so, I finally got smart enough to join as a member. I live in E. Oregon, and enjoy shooting whenever I get the chance---------which isn't as often as I like. Currently I'm working up loads and learning to shoot a couple .223AIs. I've got a few other guns that haven't made it to the range yet but that still doesn't stop me from wanting to build a .25-06AI anyway. Well, hopefully that takes care of the intro. If I get off the computer maybe I can get some time at the reloading bench.
ALWAYS GOOD TO SEE ANOTHER BAKER BOY!!!
Now there's 2 of us Glad to have you here. How long have you been in Baker?
I graduated there in 95'. I've still got family there, (do you know any Ewings?) & visit Baker, & Halfway every chance I get.
Well welcome aboard.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 02-01-2012, 02:18 AM

I moved to Baker back in '95, so I'm an official resident now. ;) Don't know if our paths have crossed or not. I can't place any Ewings off the top of my head right now, but I'm a lot better with faces than names. I've probably met a few of 'em and don't know it. I DO know Flyshooter (he hasn't posed here in a few months) but while lurking I recognized him by his rifles-----------not THERE'S gun nut for you! He lives in Pendleton, but I actually met him at a BBQ last summer in Baker. Cool guy.

Yeah, Baker is a nice place to live if you enjoy doing things outdoors---------and I do!
Old 02-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Platinum Member

My cousin Chelsa married Logan Mitchell, who's an optomitrus in Baker. (Bill Mitchell's nephew)
My cousin Jessica married Brandon Young, Bakers current wrestling coach.
Tommy is enguaged now, Tom, & Lynne live up Salmon cr. Off of Pocahauntus, just past Herrals (H5). Tom is s builder, & usually rides his Harley if its above 20* outside
Duane, & Ellen Ewing from Deer Cr are grandparents. (grandpa died a couple years ago) anyway, they moved to Lapine.
But I'm not related to the Duane Ewing up Marble cr.

Well that prettywell sums up who I am over there.
Maybe we crossed paths, who knows.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"