Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Tell us about yourself. Include your Location in the thread title.

Another Idaho Guy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2008, 11:21 PM
Platinum Member

Another Idaho Guy

Hello everyone. I made a couple post before introducing myself as I had overlooked this portion of the forum because I could not stop reading all the good stuff about long range shooting. Iím a retired general contractor born and raised in California. Moved to Idaho in 1991 and retired in 2003. I now live on a small ranch in west central Idaho that backs up to the Hells Canyon National Recreational Area. This country here is perfect for long range hunting with big canyons and open south facing slopes. I have been a backpack hunter most all my hunting life chasing blacktails when I was young all over the California coast range and in my early 20ís hunted mule deer for the first time in Utah. I got totally hooked on mule deer hunting and the high country. There are a lot of elk here and I collect a bull every year for meat but my passion is those big muleys and thatís why Iím here to learn how to shoot just a little farther with confidence.

Great forum and thanks to all of you fellas who share your shooting knowledge. I do appreciate that.

Jim

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 02-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Platinum Member

hey, thats cool, where do you live exactly? I know hells canyon is kind of extensive but its sounding like you may be close. What units do you hunt?
Old 02-08-2008, 12:19 AM
Platinum Member

Welcome aboard!

Those big muleys burn into the ole brain and stick there solid.

I'm usually a meat hunter but I saw a buck last year that made the ol' heart thump.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:00 AM
Platinum Member

Hey screech

Live and hunt in unit 13. Only can draw a mule deer tag every other year so in the off years will drag the horses down and hunt unit 22 but have not for a couple of years now. I live about 2 miles as the crow flies from the Snake River in the Indian Creek drainage almost due west from Whitebird.

Thanks royinidaho for the welcome and I know all about the ďheartĒ thumpin. I always seem to get a touch of it every couple years.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 02-08-2008, 06:36 AM
PUBLISHER

Jim, very glad to have you here. And Roy needed another neighbor anyway.

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 02-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Silver Member

Welcome, I saw on the Google Map you aren't all that far from a ranch my family owns around Kamiah!