Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > How To Hunt Big Game

That time Again

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 11:49 AM
Platinum Member

That time Again

Well it is time to start the application process for next Fall. It involves reading hundreds of pages of big game documents from multiple states. Then hundreds of more pages have to be read and summarized for draw out odds. Then season dates have to be assembled for all of the species in all of the states. Finally a tentative schedule of where to hunt what animal during what part of the month and try not to have too many days when one cannot hunt any animal.

My brain is in overload and I have three Word documents with options on where to go when to do what. Maybe I should buy a Quija board and just use that.

Pretty much looks like I will leave home a month earlier around the first week of August and come home two weeks earlier about the middle of October. Although I might stay until the middle of November before coming home.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Platinum Member

Re: That time Again

Well I hope you draw some good stuff......for my own selfish reasons. I enjoy your hunting posts. So best of luck, bring us back some memories of some interesting exploits.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Bronze Member

take me with you
Old 02-04-2011, 11:23 PM
Bronze Member

I am with you on that page Buffalobob, I sware they need to have a course on understanding all the different regs for different states on drawing tags..I am starting to put in for arizona for the kaibab, montana, Nevada, wyoming, and grew up in Utah so there as well. It is like 2 weeks of overload on the brain. I just hope that after years of drawing and throwing money I will get a few of the coveted tags like bighorn sheep,moose, and limited entry Mule deer and Elk. Anyways it is a love hate type relationship this time of year...Good luck in the draws
Old 02-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Silver Member

I have only ever applied in Wyoming so it's not too hard to decide on fall plans. This will be the first year that I'll apply out of state. I am going to put in for sheep in Montana.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Silver Member

You aren't whinning are you? Planning is half of the fun> Right?
LOL!!!
Old 02-09-2011, 02:53 PM
Bronze Member

Ill gain my residency August 23. No more need in spending 600+ on one tag.