Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > How To Hunt Big Game

Share your trail cam pictures

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 08:10 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Share your trail cam pictures

Bronco, their is more than one shooter in that picture lol. That is a nice looking herd you have going there.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:30 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNhunter86 View Post
Bronco, their is more than one shooter in that picture lol. That is a nice looking herd you have going there.
All five are shooters on any other properties I hunt! But we have been really working hard to clean up the gene pool and let the good bucks mature on this specific 80 acre wood lot and the proof is in the picture. We are getting surprisingly great results after only five years of selective harvest and culling does. No food plots or feeding either. We put some mineral blocks out when its legal and keep foot traffic and hunting pressure to a minimum.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Bronze Member

So I was out bow hunting friday evening and I only had does coming thru from 4 to dusk. But on my way out of my stand well after dark I was walking with my head lamp on back to camp and I'm pretty sure I saw my shooter moving quickly thru the brush cause I could see some of his antlers. Damn that deer and his caution!! lol well at least I know he hasn't been shot and he is still in my area. Although I'm not really worried about him being shot he has managed to get this old he knows how to take care of him self.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:24 AM
Silver Member

The buck from you pictures... He will be fine and if you pushed him at dark he won't stray to far. I sure hope you get him! I am really intrigued by his rack and would like a closer look. Best of luck! Missing hunting whitetails... but I am waiting for my first moose season in Sweden and I hope that makes up for it
Old 09-24-2012, 11:38 PM
Bronze Member

Thee are from my brothers camera in Central Alabama, i am in the military and will not get to bow hunt this year as i will be in arizona all of october, if hes not down by thanksgiving i will have a chance at him.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:46 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneShot0351 View Post
Thee are from my brothers camera in Central Alabama, i am in the military and will not get to bow hunt this year as i will be in arizona all of october, if hes not down by thanksgiving i will have a chance at him.
Sounds like CAX or WTI time. Could be worse... Could be August in AZ!
Old 09-25-2012, 04:19 AM
Bronze Member

WTI... true, or afghan in July. same heat , 10X the humidity.