Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > How To Hunt Big Game

Need wall tent recommendations

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2013, 06:23 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Need wall tent recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Been using my Montana Canvas for over 2 years now. I think it is a very good tent.

Jeff
Made in the USA .................................................. ..... in the Big Sky Country.

Montana Canvas - Welcome

Ed
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Need wall tent recommendations-thumbs-up-sign-thumb8413541_zps85645168.jpg  

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:03 AM
Platinum Member

Montana Canvas all the way. There's always at least 2 in our elk camp.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Need wall tent recommendations-hunting-2011-014.jpg  

Old 08-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcebcj View Post
I have two tents the TT Tent and a 12'X15' wall tent from Beckel Canvas Products in Oregon. The wall tent is over 25 years old and the only damage is where a bear tore through the door end. The TT Tent is perfect for two guys horseback. High quality stuff. Here is the link. Worth a look.

Tents | Beckel Canvas Products
Are you using the 10 x 10 or 14 x 14?
Old 08-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcebcj
I have two tents the TT Tent and a 12'X15' wall tent from Beckel Canvas Products in Oregon. The wall tent is over 25 years old and the only damage is where a bear tore through the door end. The TT Tent is perfect for two guys horseback. High quality stuff. Here is the link. Worth a look.

Tents | Beckel Canvas Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 338 View Post
Are you using the 10 x 10 or 14 x 14?
The TT Tent is the 10'x10'. I had a small (12"x12") wood stove built just for it and the 4" stove pipe nest inside (9') by a friend in Nampa who used to run a sheet metal shop. For two fellas with two pack horses it works really well and is comfortable if you want to stay in one spot for a week or so. The tent poles and stove can fit on one side of a pack horse so there is a bag and a half for all the other stuff.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 08-12-2013, 09:12 PM
Silver Member

Heres a 14x14 eena tt wall tent we use.. I love it nice light for horsebacking, sets up in under 10 mins.. Can sleep 4 with stove and gear.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:49 PM
Gold Member

I'm a Davis guy also...have had one for 20+ years and another for 5+ years. If you take care of the tent, they will last multiple lifetimes.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:10 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
Wo makes the best quality wall tent. Looking for 12x14 minimum size maybe 14x16.
I'm going with the buy once cry once attitude. Want to get one that will last my lifetime.

Any recommendations dos and donts would be appreciated
I horse pack through out the summer and help a local packer with their larger parties of people. Montana canvas is hard to beat. He's got some over 20 years old. Lots of reinforcements in the right places especially the ridge and side wall grommets. Look at their web site. I own a 12x17x 5' side wall tent with doors at both ends. No floor. Its made of Relite material and weighs 28 lb. Just as durable as canvas maybe more. @ $1200. I take along sections of indoor/outdoor light weight carpet for the floor. I sewed Velcro at the edges to put them all together. Pretty slick deal.

'