So, Now that I'm in a relatively stable job I'm starting to do some semi-long term planning for a guided hunt...I just turned 30, and I would like to be in the position to give a hunt to myself as a 40th Birthday gift. I know it's a long time to do planning, But I figured if I get going now, I can start accumulating points so when the time comes I can have a decent chance at drawing a tag.
Here's some things I'm taking into account:
- want either Mule Deer or Elk
- I have a .308 that I'm confident out to 400-500 yards working it out to 600 (looking to put together a 300WINMAG but no guarantees)
- I can ride, lived on a farm
- No state preference, but I do like the mountains
- anything else I have forgotten
Basically this site has forced me to realize that I need to start taking things seriously as far as getting things figured out for a hunt, if I want to ensure that I can make it work. Just kind of looking to get pointed in the right direction so I can get this ball rolling