Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > How To Hunt Big Game

Drew my first moose tag!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 03:22 PM
Gold Member

Re: Drew my first moose tag!

Wisconsin_Boy;

Our spot is a little past Hearst Ontario. Its a little place called Oba. Way back when it was a booming town that had a really good gold mine but when they couldn't find any more gold it was deserted and made the best isolated hunting spot. The current population is 9 people living there and 2 of them are hunting guides and 2 of them are trappers so its easy to make friends and all of them know the best of the best spots. 2 hours down river we built a spot in the bush that we hunt as well.

Luckily that i drew the tag but unluckily we didn't fill either tag. Had an amazing trip though. This year is my first year elk hunting. I am a Canadian citizen and i drew a Montana elk tag as well as Deer tag and i literally cannot wait. I am on the edge of my seat just itching to go!! good thing is i can distract myself with turkey hunting which starts MONDAY!!