Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

will the pending ban affect the bolt action aftermarket?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 09:22 PM

will the pending ban affect the bolt action aftermarket?

hey everyone, ive been doing alot of googling the last couple of days concerning the pending gun ban and all ive been able to find is info concerning semi auto rifles and im more interested to find out if the bolt action rifle aftermarket is gonna have any kind of blowback from this ban,such as stocks,barrels, triggers etc. any thoughts or info would be helpful. thanks for your time
Old 01-02-2013, 09:29 AM
Silver Member

Re: will the pending ban affect the bolt action aftermarket?

Thumbhole stocks, detachable mags, could be on the chopping block...... Feinstein is supposed to bring her bill to the floor on thursday so we'll have to see if we the people get to see it.......

The 2nd Amendment......America's original Homeland Security.

Ethan Parke........roped the deer in 1953. Put tags in his ears turned him loose then shot him in 1955. Always liked this pic
The story was told to me by his wife who owned the little motel we stayed at on a deer hunt in Malta Idaho about 17 years ago...... Youll never see that again. Just a cool pic of Idaho deer huntin history
Old 01-02-2013, 12:33 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoRedneck View Post
Thumbhole stocks, detachable mags, could be on the chopping block...... Feinstein is supposed to bring her bill to the floor on thursday so we'll have to see if we the people get to see it.......
+1

It seems like all detachable mags are on the chopping block. That will make almost every modern rimfire banned (so many of them have detachable mag). Additionally, many bolt action centerfires have detachable mags and therefore may be banned. I wonder what magazine companies are going to do, this could force most mag manufacturing out of biz.

If you are opposed to this, now would be a good time to contact your Representatives.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:33 PM

i dont understand whats so threatening about thumbhole stocks, can anyone one explain that to me? and what about pistol grip stocks like mcmillans or hs precision. are they on the chop block also?. and as far as the detachable magazines i thought they were just gonna ban hi cap mags[ nothing over ten rounds] and centerfire rifle dbm's dont go over 10 rds. i havent had time to look over feinsteins proposal yet, but i will when i get some time later this evening. thanks everyone for your help
Old 01-02-2013, 04:42 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem700man View Post
i dont understand whats so threatening about thumbhole stocks, can anyone one explain that to me? and what about pistol grip stocks like mcmillans or hs precision. are they on the chop block also?. and as far as the detachable magazines i thought they were just gonna ban hi cap mags[ nothing over ten rounds] and centerfire rifle dbm's dont go over 10 rds. i havent had time to look over feinsteins proposal yet, but i will when i get some time later this evening. thanks everyone for your help
Watch this. It states anything that COULD have a hi cap mag.

Jeff
Old 01-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem700man View Post
They say banning FIXED magazines that can hold over x amount and as Broz pointed out, any setup where high capacity magazines might be used.

This implies that detachable are not allowed at all. Will have to see what tomorrow brings.

Yes, much of this does not make sense. It doesn't matter if it is illogical, counter-productive, and being done by people who have very little to no idea what a gun is or how to use it, they do have legal and media power and they are trying to use it.

Recently a person went on a rampage, ran into a movie theater after someone he was trying to kill and was stopped by an off duty sheriff officer (working security). Amazing how that only makes local San Antonio news. It doesn't fit in with big media's agenda.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:28 PM
Gold Member

Well, in my opinion, this is just the first step. If "they" get this ban through, it will be a HUGE defeat for gun owners AND a vicious slap in the face for those that believe in the constitution specifically the 2nd amendment. It just CANNOT pass the way it is written currently.
I can just see someone saying, "Now, why would any american need a rifle that shoots 1000 yards?" Or "Why would anyone need a "sniper" or so called "tactical" rifle?" "Thats not very sporting for hunting." Its coming folks. Realize that basically HALF (most likely more) of our country is for more gun control and bans.
Even though its somewhat humerous, I like the idea that someone else said. We can concede the west coast and the east coast and the rest of us can live in the new Nation of Texas................Aw hell, they can have Chicago too..............

Randy
And Idaho ain't on any of the coasts....................

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen