Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

What an Obama presidency Means to Us

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2008, 08:08 AM
Silver Member

Re: What an Obama presidency Means to Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorwath View Post
Let's see, I think it means McCain lost. I think it means the Republicans lost control of their agenda over the past 8 years, and therefore their support in this election. I think it means if the Republicans don't get a face lift, they'll lose again 4 years from now.

The best way to give another win to the Dems in four years - run Sarah again - guaranteed loss. She's a hockey mom on the one hand. Yet she's qualified for the White House on the other? You don't see the dichotomy in that sales pitch? Couldn't sell it this time. Won't sell it next.

You guys over it yet? You ready to get on with your lives? Or are you planning to live in misery and console on another for at least the next four years.

The system worked exactly like it's supposed to. You just didn't get the result you desired. So now what. Throw temper tantrums and claim life's unfair? Get over it.

Hey Knatador, you got ulcers yet? Here, this will help ya... ge( ge( ge(
I really dont think this kind of talk is constructive. I think you have gone over the top. No matter how people really feel about the election this kind of rant over and over will lead to hard feelings that will no doubt spill into other posts. I dont think that is what any of us want for this great web site.

Last edited by rtv900; 11-07-2008 at 10:05 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:59 AM
Platinum Member

I agree with your thoughts on the hard feelings in the future----this thread as well as others shows who is a friend and who is the enemy!
Old 11-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Platinum Member

So the question is, do you guys speak up to set things straight when the volume/attacks get loud and they're in your support, or only when you sense some opposition? Is it OK to fan the flames as long as you're in agreement?
Old 11-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Platinum Member

The truth is what it is-----"you are either for us or agin us". Pretty simple really.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorwath View Post
So the question is, do you guys speak up to set things straight when the volume/attacks get loud and they're in your support, or only when you sense some opposition? Is it OK to fan the flames as long as you're in agreement?
I made my last post when I thought the faning of the flames was getting mean spirited. I am not opposed to a good discussion on both sides of the fence and I speak up when I agree and disagree. I just believe when the faning gets mean spirited it will spill over in future posts and create ill will for a long time to come and that is not good for anyone.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Platinum Member

Boss Hoss,

I see... so you as individuals decide what the truth is. No limitations as long as you're hearing what's pleasing you. You've pretty much answered my question - if that's good enough for you, then have at it.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Platinum Member

rtv900,

And you've got my respect on that. I have to agree. My short post was simply to point out the flames don't build unless they're fanned from both sides.