Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

What if?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 03:17 PM
Platinum Member

Re: What if?

I don't either but I do not see it coming to that either. Most local LEO agencies are against it, likely a full half of active duty troops are against it, we have how many veterans, that are against it? As much as a few Higher up's would like to do it there's just to many that won't go for it.
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 01-21-2013, 03:28 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe King View Post
I don't either but I do not see it coming to that either. Most local LEO agencies are against it, likely a full half of active duty troops are against it, we have how many veterans, that are against it? As much as a few Higher up's would like to do it there's just to many that won't go for it.
If you're not familiar with the Constitutional Sheriffs & Peace Officers Association and the Oath Keepers check them out. I think they are starting to work together.

Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association | CSPOA

Oath Keepers Oath Keepers – Guardians of the Republic
Old 01-21-2013, 03:53 PM
Platinum Member

A bit of enlightenment that you may or may not know.....

During the Bush years, legislation was introduced and passed that made it perfectly acceptable for the President to call in foreign troops to 'aid' our military in times on national emergency. It also included wording to the effect that during times of 'National Emergency' or under direction of the Executive branch, that American troops could be ordered to restrain or fire on American citizens. All of that is law.

If you remember back to Katrina and the state of emergency and martial law was declared, American troops went door to door (along with local and state LE) and forcibly if necessary, took firearms from the citizens that lawfully possessed them and those citizens had no recourse but to subvert....

How soon we forget past incidents.

Why I say 'by peaceful means only'.

No one here on this site or any site for that matter wants to test the waters. It's already been done and the results are clear.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:09 PM
Bronze Member

Sidecarflip

This Texas law was in reponse to what happen after Katrina.

GOVERNMENT CODE**CHAPTER 433. STATE OF EMERGENCY

With the current mood in Texas today among the general populace and Texas state government any federal attempt to disarm anyone would be ill advised to the point of downright stupidity.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:10 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
A bit of enlightenment that you may or may not know.....

During the Bush years, legislation was introduced and passed that made it perfectly acceptable for the President to call in foreign troops to 'aid' our military in times on national emergency. It also included wording to the effect that during times of 'National Emergency' or under direction of the Executive branch, that American troops could be ordered to restrain or fire on American citizens. All of that is law.

If you remember back to Katrina and the state of emergency and martial law was declared, American troops went door to door (along with local and state LE) and forcibly if necessary, took firearms from the citizens that lawfully possessed them and those citizens had no recourse but to subvert....

How soon we forget past incidents.

Why I say 'by peaceful means only'.

No one here on this site or any site for that matter wants to test the waters. It's already been done and the results are clear.
Correct, national guard (local boys) and local LE forcibly rounded up firearms from LA citizens. Also, when Ruby Ridge went down, ATF, FBI and US Marshals worked together with Local LE to murder Vicki Weaver and Weaver's 16 yr old son. The Feds were flown in by military transport planes.

Based on my experience in the AF, there would be a lot of military guys not too thrilled about taking action against their own fellow citizens, but.... there would be some who would follow orders. How many, I don't know. I do think there would be a number of LE and military who not take action against their fellow citizens and some even willing to defend citizens. I think the politicians know this also which gives them some amount of pause.

If all citizens who believed in the Constitution made it clear to the politicians that they would resist any attempts to confiscate, arrest, etc., that would effectively stop it.

I also STRONGLY believe in peaceful means and Rosa Parks and MLK are good examples of what can be accomplished through peaceful resistance.

That said, if laws to register and confiscate my guns are passed, I will not comply. My resistance would probably be peaceful. If the ATF or whoever were attempting to confiscate guns and/or arrest my friends or neighbors, I would go and stand between them. If we all did that, I think the gun grabbers would loose their appetite, or at least many of the enforcers.

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 01-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Platinum Member

An interesting development in light of this exchange.

Taken from the last paragraph of a letter that the Utah Sheriffs Association wrote to Obama...

We respect the office of the President of the United States of America. But make no mistake, as the duly-elected sheriffs of our respective counties, we will enforce the rights guaranteed to our citizens by the Constitution. No Federal official will be permitted to descend upon our constituents and take from them what the Bill of Rights in particular Amendment II has given them. We, like you, swore a solemn oath to defend the Constitution of the United States, and we are prepared to trade our lives for the preservation of its traditional interpretation

http://www.utahsheriffs.org/USA-Home...t%20Letter.pdf

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 01-22-2013, 09:06 PM
Silver Member

Pretty sad lately all I do is come home from work and read the politics of hunting and guns and similiar type topics in the other forums that that have this topic, racing back and forth reading the latest newest info of the roller coaster ride of insanity!!