Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Website targets wolf hunters my response: FREE BULLETS to anyone on the list.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Website targets wolf hunters my response: FREE BULLETS to anyone on the list.

Paul,
+1, good post!!!
Good idea to congratulate the wolf hunters.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:04 PM
Silver Member

Re: Website targets wolf hunters my response: FREE BULLETS to anyone on the list.

Posting up the names and addresses of the offenders makes you no better than what you are complaining about. It may make you feel good but if you pursue the legal outcome this will only hinder your progress. Remember the persons that are harrassing fellow hunters have no ethics. Your suppose to be above that, why give them anything to remotely suggest we are harrassing them in the same manner?????
Old 02-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBetts View Post
Posting up the names and addresses of the offenders makes you no better than what you are complaining about. It may make you feel good but if you pursue the legal outcome this will only hinder your progress. Remember the persons that are harrassing fellow hunters have no ethics. Your suppose to be above that, why give them anything to remotely suggest we are harrassing them in the same manner?????
Approaches to campaigning against the "other side" of the thinking may show trends depending upon the different regions of the country. The "western" person, those who have long histories of and many generations in the rural west may draw a more distinct line in the sand from a similar person, with similar hunting interests with s similar background/heritage from rural Pennsylvania, as an example.

I learned much about the western attitude/culture from having lived until the age of 20 or so in PA and VA then moving to the west. The first things I learned were that when one wrecked the car one usually died (Speed limit in the 60s was 75, before interstates. Secondly when one attempted to rob the country store and grandma was behind the counter one tended to be DRT.

The western folks are a bit independent and less tolerant of things of which they disapprove.

These folks come face to face on a one to one basis with leaders from "the other side of thinkin', on a regular basis.

Thus from my view point the more transparent the maneuvering and full disclosure of identities of those involved the better.

The Northwest and New Mexico where the rubber meets the road and offices "back east" or in other particular locations in the country doesn't carry the weight at the "individual" level here as it may more towards the coasts.

While we are a law abiding people, there are those who are most directly impacted by the wolf issue who quietly challenge the legal system. I don't fully agree with them as I haven't had a wolf in my sights as of yet.

I talk alot about shoot and release and the heart is located behind the ribs but haven't actually faced that decision head on as I haven't had a wolf in my sights yet. That will be the moment of reckoning for me. Never having broken a law of any sort, and with a high anxiety level, I have a wolf tag in my wallet, I suppose I'll do, as always, the legal thing.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:06 PM
Platinum Member

RBetts is spot on. It doesn't get looked upon favorably by the courts.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:06 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas1 View Post
RBetts is spot on. It doesn't get looked upon favorably by the courts.
Maybe so, but if it was illegal, why hasn't something been done to stop publishing the list of hunters? The anti's use every tool that they can, I think we should too.

As for as stooping to their level, hell yes I would if that's what it takes to continue to legally hunt.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:48 AM
Platinum Member

esshup, not saying anythings outlined in the post so far is illegal but if the hunting community wants to go the legal route all I'm saying is tit for tat doesn't help the case. I agree fight back with all means available as long as it doesn't hurt any legal case possibly pursued. Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:18 AM
Silver Member

Roy and Esshup
I understand exacty what your saying. I have family in Utah, Montana and Wyoming. The joke in the humor forum would describe my cousin Brook to a T. I understand how it should work I have used tactics similar in my past.
Bottom line is they are wrong if you do the same thing no matter how good it feels you are wrong too. Look at the funding 3 layers down you find the name of George Soros. Knowing that you look at past events of a similar nature. What was the outcome,how diod they get there etc. That's called pattern recognigiton. If your a hunter the quicker you can recognize a pattern the easer it is to to defeat it. It was a Soros funded team that caused this
Hunters' free speech - hunter harassment laws - In Brief | E: The Environmental Magazine | Find Articles at BNET
This is why I suggessted the NRA. I have personally asked for assistance. They sent all the documentation to my lawyer to fight a case for me. Had i not done that, I would have lost because the legalease used is contradictory in the state of Mass.
If you feel defeated before you go to court that is the plan of the anti's Remember they will do anything for there cause. You cannot stoop to their level because they have planned for that, plus they are better at it than you.
We outnumber them. We must organize now or they will pick us apart. I'm not a lawyer but I know a very good one. I will ask him to come on here when I get home over the wknd. Right now I have very limited access to the internet but I will try to stay up with this thread
Again I will get in touch with some people to find out the procedure we as a group must take to stop this. I cannot do this alone so I expect help from all of you.
My email to send info for this cause is ubettcha13@yahoo.com. If it's to tell me what kind of day to have or I don't feces about something don't waste the time or space. But if it's to advance this or similar causes I will set up a hub to distribute this to those that will fight for us
I'll check back when i can but most likely it will be once a day in the morning till next week.
NRA-ILA :: First For Hunters - Safari Club International Hunters website forums - Yahoo! Search Results

NRAHuntersRights.org - Learn what NRA is doing to defend your freedom to hunt.
Here are some places to start. Get in touch with manufactures of our products we have the power let.s get it aligned and stop this NOW