Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Want to Bebate Video? Watch this!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 02:53 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Want to Bebate Video? Watch this!

I suppose so. Thats why it comes down to how much you value your liberty and if you are willing to pay for your freedom with your life. I said long ago that is an individual choice that can't be made by anyone but you.

We all have different levels of tolerance. Mine isn't yours, Yours isn't your neighbors.

Thats why we need to keep up the letter writing, supporting the NRA and everything we can do to avoid bloodshed, at all costs. Thats the end game, not half time.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:25 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
I suppose so. Thats why it comes down to how much you value your liberty and if you are willing to pay for your freedom with your life. I said long ago that is an individual choice that can't be made by anyone but you.

We all have different levels of tolerance. Mine isn't yours, Yours isn't your neighbors.

Thats why we need to keep up the letter writing, supporting the NRA and everything we can do to avoid bloodshed, at all costs. Thats the end game, not half time.
"The people cannot be all, & always well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. We have had 13. states independent 11. years. There has been one rebellion. That comes to one rebellion in a century & a half for each state. What country before ever existed a century & a half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. " Thomas Jefferson November 13, 1787

Freedom... what semblance of it we have... is not free.

Animo et Fide "Courage and Faith"

Doc

"History does not long trust the care of freedom to the weak or timid" Dwight David Eisenhower
Sic Semper Tyrannis...Veritas et Aequitas

Old 03-08-2013, 10:28 AM
Bronze Member

Sidecarflip

Are you familiar with this forum?

BGO • Index page
Old 03-08-2013, 12:53 PM
Bronze Member

and Star Parker's new TV ad.

Never Again: Protect the Second Amendment
Old 03-08-2013, 02:29 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviatrix View Post
Sidecarflip

Are you familiar with this forum?

BGO • Index page
No, I'm not but I'll check it out. Star Parkers site, yes. I borrowed the picture and pasted it on another firum I'm on, a local one with lots of dissention.

I try to stay away from mainstream discussions. I'm only on a few fiorums, this being the only firearm forum mainly because I'm a bolt rifle person and I like Len. He's a very straight up guy in my opinion.

I prefer to be looked at as a poster, SidecarFlip, devoid of any reference of being different from the majority on this site or any site for that matter. I mentioned it only in a passing way as a reply to a comment. Nothing more.

I was born in Florida but I grew up in Cleveland, Ohio, a very racially polarized city at that time. My parents were pretty well to do so we didn't live in the inner city but there was always the subliminal racial tension present. In school, in outside activities, in public, so I learned at a young age to avoid confromtation, something I try to practice even today.

The Internet and forums like this make it easy to interact without prejudice appearing. It may be there but because it's forbidden, it never shows up. You can be devoid of color and still put forth an opinion or state facts, no one really knows what color you are because they can't see you.

It's fairly easy to live in a white man's world so long as you avoid racial confrontation. My wife understands that perfectly.

I like it that way.

Thanks for the links.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
No, I'm not but I'll check it out. Star Parkers site, yes. I borrowed the picture and pasted it on another firum I'm on, a local one with lots of dissention.

I try to stay away from mainstream discussions. I'm only on a few fiorums, this being the only firearm forum mainly because I'm a bolt rifle person and I like Len. He's a very straight up guy in my opinion.

I prefer to be looked at as a poster, SidecarFlip, devoid of any reference of being different from the majority on this site or any site for that matter. I mentioned it only in a passing way as a reply to a comment. Nothing more.

I was born in Florida but I grew up in Cleveland, Ohio, a very racially polarized city at that time. My parents were pretty well to do so we didn't live in the inner city but there was always the subliminal racial tension present. In school, in outside activities, in public, so I learned at a young age to avoid confromtation, something I try to practice even today.

The Internet and forums like this make it easy to interact without prejudice appearing. It may be there but because it's forbidden, it never shows up. You can be devoid of color and still put forth an opinion or state facts, no one really knows what color you are because they can't see you.

It's fairly easy to live in a white man's world so long as you avoid racial confrontation. My wife understands that perfectly.

I like it that way.

Thanks for the links.
To be honest, I have always thought of this forum's members as white or maybe hipanic. I guess that's because I just don't have any experience with blacks in this shooting environment. It's refreshing to see those of color taking an interest and sharing common values and beliefs. I've enjoyed and appreciated your contributions.

Back to the discussion.

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 03-08-2013, 03:01 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 338 View Post
It's curious to me that not only is the government essentially creating a domestic troop build up but they're almost advertising their intentions. No, not in the mainstream but more so in the places where those who are sensitive to it will find it. All electronic and phone communication is monitored. Rather than procuring mass quantities of ammo from other sources/agencies, it goes out for bid. 2700 armored vehicles, lettered and transported on flatbed without a tarp. A request and approval from Congress for 30,000 drones. It's all out there for everyone to see. The dude giving the tour of the vehicle comes right out and says, we're using these for serving warrants. Folks, if you were planning a coup, wouldn't you try to be a little quiet? It's looking to me like someone's trying to instigate a fight. Not a fight with everyone but a fight with those on the fringe that are sensitive to whats going on. Crush them and what have you got left? The audience of American Idol. They'll grab the only weapon they're proficient with and fire off a tweet. You've got America running without a budget and printing money as fast as they can. Sounds to me like a plan to crash the economy and cause a state of civil unrest. Only then can you suspend Habeas Corpus and declare Martial Law. Lets face it. You can't really take over until you've got your boot on the throat of your opposition and in this country, you'll only get that by drawing out your opposition for a fight on your own terms. If our military has soldiers that won't round up Americans, that's what the U.N. is for. I think the U.S. population and economy is right on schedule.
I think there is a lot of insight here. Hopefully it doesn't play out this way but it certainly appears to be moving in that direction.

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams