Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Utah Sheriff's Association writes Pres Obama a Letter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 07:46 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Utah Sheriff's Association writes Pres Obama a Letter

It is important for our military to speak up on this one. I do not believe our constitution included giving their boss the right to kill American citizens, under any circumstances relating to private rights in our constituion. Unless they change the constitution to give him that power. As far as our constitution goes, it's American. Unless our country sells ourselves out to another constitution at the UN, thus forming a "world" Government, we are American citizens in heart and soul. I think most military personel especially with many former military who are now citizens in the private sector would frown upon their bretheren in favor of private rights. I guess, that any President that turns against private citizens will have an uphill battle. The last few that have tried are now dead. Hitler comes to mind, their military tried to kill him and we chased him down like he was Osama Bin Laden. Obama could find himself in the same place or worse yet, in a hole like Saddam Hussein. They chopped his head off eventually after he was found. I don't think Obama's that stupid.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:26 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviatrix View Post
30 out of New Mexico's 33 Sheriff's are now saying NO!
The other 3 should be fired. Their oath of office is specific and dictates where their duties lie. If they interept their duties in any other manner, they are derelict of duty and office. They are to be loyal to their County, citizens of the County, and the Constituition. All else is not applicable. A county sheriff is in actuality, the most powerful elected office in the country. He is not there to be a representative of the federal government, but rather to represent the citizens of their county... the legal ones.

"Animo et Fide" Courage and Faith

Doc

"History does not long trust the care of freedom to the weak or timid" Dwight David Eisenhower
Sic Semper Tyrannis...Veritas et Aequitas

Old 01-29-2013, 08:43 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviatrix View Post
From the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association:

Growing List of Sheriffs Saying ‘NO’ to Obama Gun Control | CSPOA
I read the list in the link and think that it's reprehensible and embarassing that not ONE SINGLE sheriff from Virginia, (read democratic proxy state), has indicated that he will not enforce a federal encroachment on thier citizens constitutional rights. Virginia, of all the states and commonwealths, should have been first to rally against the infringments of constitutional rights as it was where the majority of the signatory's to the constituiton lived, was where the revolution was won. It was also the capitol of the Seccesionist government when the federal government attempted to take away states rights the first time. The citizens of Virginia should take serious note of their sheriffs' lack of fortitude.

Shame on you Virginia sheriffs. Show some spine and courage.

Doc

"History does not long trust the care of freedom to the weak or timid" Dwight David Eisenhower

Old 01-29-2013, 09:25 AM
Silver Member

I too am a retired commissioned US Army Officer having served 26 years as enlisted and a commissioned warrant officer. I am also a retired fire fighter.

While fire fighters do not take the same oath as US service members, they are staunchly patriotic and can be counted upon to defend the constitution with tenacity and vigor!

This is the oath of commissioning that ALL US Army Commissioned Officers take:

"I (insert name), having been appointed a (insert rank) in the U.S. Army under the conditions indicated in this document, do accept such appointment and do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter, so help me God."

NO WHERE DOES IT STATE THAT THE PRESIDENT'S WHIMS AND WISHES SUPERCEDES THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES! ALL US ARMY OFFICERS ARE DEDICATED, SWORN, AND DUTY BOUND TO DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION AND ONLY THE CONSTITUITON!

There is the Uniform Code of Military Justice that prescribes the aspects of military discipline...

But the UCMJ does not, nor will it ever, supercede the Constitution.

I too am an Oath Keeper.

This I Will Defend!

Doc

Old 01-29-2013, 09:59 AM
Silver Member

Doc,

I am a little more than upset that there are not any Nebraska Sheriffs on that list either. I spoke with our sheriff, and it is my belief that he is on board, even if he hasn't announced it publicly. I have taken a very similar oath, and I do not intend to break it, hence my vigor in writing our representatives and doing as much research as I have been doing into all of this.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:21 AM
Silver Member

Thanks Joe...

And I really appreciate very much all that you have done and all your support!

Animo et Fide "Courage and Faith

Your Friend, Doc

Old 01-29-2013, 10:34 AM
Silver Member

Doc, no need to thank me brother, thank you for all that you have done!!!