Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Utah Sheriff's Association writes Pres Obama a Letter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 04:46 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Utah Sheriff's Association writes Pres Obama a Letter

That's good to read, let's hope more join him.

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 01-28-2013, 09:47 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe King View Post
Very good read ! Looks like MT is a great state with a fine sheriff!
This is just my opinion but I believe that Obama will realize that if he goes all out with a full blown Gun Ban then he will need the help of the UN Nations . ( I personally feel like th UN can stay they heck out of our buisness ) So far it looks like our sheriffs are going ot react like true Americans which leads me to one more thought . Have you guys seen any postings with our Military taking the same stand another words who's side is our military on ?
Old 01-28-2013, 10:21 PM
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=MontanaRifleman;751759]Taken from the last paragraph of the letter...

We respect the office of the President of the United States of America. But make no mistake, as the duly-elected sheriffs of our respective counties, we will enforce the rights guaranteed to our citizens by the Constitution. No Federal official will be permitted to descend upon our constituents and take from them what the Bill of Rights in particular Amendment II has given them. We, like you, swore a solemn oath to defend the Constitution of the United States, and we are prepared to trade our lives for the preservation of its traditional interpretation
20Letter.pdf
[/
http://www.utahsheriffs.org/USA-Home_files/2nd%20Amendment%QUOTE]

That covers it.

Probably a little known fact is, the highest ranking elected official in any county is the County Sherriff.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:57 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuck View Post
Have you guys seen any postings with our Military taking the same stand another words who's side is our military on ?
The active duty military are in direct chain of command under the Pres. As former military, this is not something I would have publicized outside of close circles. That could lead to a discharge or disciplinary action. The general public would probably not know where individual military stood until the stink hits the fan. Nor would a lot of higher ranking officers. You bet that there are a lot of AD members reading these forums and the headlines. Some will follow orders and some won't and it will be very difficult for those who don't when the time comes to make a decision because the higher ups will come down hard on them. I would not be surprised if there were memos being sent down the chain, to the ranks, reminding them of their "duty".

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 01-28-2013, 11:32 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
The active duty military are in direct chain of command under the Pres. As former military, this is not something I would have publicized outside of close circles. That could lead to a discharge or disciplinary action. The general public would probably not know where individual military stood until the stink hits the fan. Nor would a lot of higher ranking officers. You bet that there are a lot of AD members reading these forums and the headlines. Some will follow orders and some won't and it will be very difficult for those who don't when the time comes to make a decision because the higher ups will come down hard on them. I would not be surprised if there were memos being sent down the chain, to the ranks, reminding them of their "duty".
The Oath Keepers are reminding them of their duty and that is to the Constitution first and foremost; not to those who are betraying it.

Oath Keepers Oath Keepers – Guardians of the Republic
Old 01-28-2013, 11:42 PM
Platinum Member

Yup, and I am an Oath Keeper

~ John Quincy Adams
Old 01-29-2013, 06:21 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
Yup, and I am an Oath Keeper
Count me in as an Oath Keeper as well !