Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Utah Sheriff's Association writes Pres Obama a Letter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 05:03 PM
Platinum Member

Utah Sheriff's Association writes Pres Obama a Letter

Taken from the last paragraph of the letter...

We respect the office of the President of the United States of America. But make no mistake, as the duly-elected sheriffs of our respective counties, we will enforce the rights guaranteed to our citizens by the Constitution. No Federal official will be permitted to descend upon our constituents and take from them what the Bill of Rights in particular Amendment II has given them. We, like you, swore a solemn oath to defend the Constitution of the United States, and we are prepared to trade our lives for the preservation of its traditional interpretation

http://www.utahsheriffs.org/USA-Home...t%20Letter.pdf

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams

Last edited by MontanaRifleman; 01-22-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:09 PM
Gold Member

Re: Utah Sherrif's Association writes Pres Obama a Letter

Now who would have thought Utah would have been the State to show the rest of the Nation's law enforcement agencies what fidelity to your oath means? Notice there is a name of every Sheriff on that letter. Does that remind you of another document?
Old 01-22-2013, 06:14 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Utah Sherrif's Association writes Pres Obama a Letter

Yup

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 01-22-2013, 07:04 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Utah Sheriff's Association writes Pres Obama a Letter

There's a coalition of sheriffs in Ca (of all places) that have said exactly the same thing. I'll see if I can find the youtube vid of the meeting

More

and more
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 01-22-2013, 07:32 PM
Platinum Member

We all need to write a letter tomorrow to President Obama and our local congress people, and Governor.

It's time we start rolling back the clock to the constitution instead of write a new one. It's my opinion that liberals and possibly many new immigrants of the past 20 or so years want a new constitution. One more similar to where they came from. (But keep the goodies for them in ours!) Just add the goodies from theirs in. I also think President Obama wants to take a step toward a world Government whereas America is shared with other countries. Obviously this won't happen over night, but I do think that every inch towards avoiding American citizens rights in the 2nd amendment is a first step in that direction.

Utah Sheriff's are pretty respectable for standing up for our rights. I might be moving there.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:49 PM
Platinum Member

WOW . Now I would go the extra mile to help any Law Officer with that kind of dedication to his country !!!! "Prepaired to trade our lives " It may very well come down to that !!
Old 01-22-2013, 08:13 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etisll40 View Post
Utah Sheriff's are pretty respectable for standing up for our rights. I might be moving there.
You nailed it. You can respect men like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuck View Post
WOW . Now I would go the extra mile to help any Law Officer with that kind of dedication to his country !!!! "Prepaired to trade our lives " It may very well come down to that !!
Yup.

The thing that makes a bold stand such as this is not only the resolve of Utah's Sheriff's but that they could deputize almost every able person in the State and field a militia overnight. Generally speaking, I wouldn't question their resolve to see something like this all the way through. Utah's not like other places and neither are it's people.