Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

URGENT! Canadians Firearm owners need your help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 10:28 PM

URGENT! Canadians Firearm owners need your help!

Hello Everyone,

I know this is a bit late getting here, but better late then never.

Canadians have been working hard to kill the firearm registry, a useless waste of money that makes Canadians register their deer rifles, shotguns, and plinkers. The bill to kill the registry (C-391) is being looked at now, but the Liberals want to stop the bill before the vote.

Please help your Canadian neighbours by emailing the Members of Parliament and demanding C-391 be kept and democracy followed.

You can use this website:

Democracy-Machine.com - A work in progress...

to send an email to all MP's with just one click of the mouse.

Below is a template letter for those who are uncertain about what to write.

The original notice that went out concerning the need to email follows in quotes.

Every email counts. Thank you.

Quote:
Urgent C391 24 HOURS OF ACTION: WE NEED YOU NOW!
URGENT:

Liberal MP Mark Holland is trying to derail the democratic process at C-391 review committee. On Tuesday June 1, 2010 Mark Holland introduced a motion to stop the review of the bill and return it to the house with a recommendation to kill the bill in parliament.

The committee meets again tomorrow where his motion will be heard again. IF HE SUCCEEDS, WE WILL LOSE ALL OF OUR HARD WORK IN SUPPORT OF THIS BILL!

If you are a concerned citizen and a lover of freedom and democracy, we need you to immediately email all MP's demanding Mark Holland allow the democratic process to continue. THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN NOW! WE NEED THESE EMAILS IN TONIGHT!

Please use the democracy machine to write a short email demanding that Mark Holland and other opposition parties in the committee allow the democratic process to continue.

It only takes 10 minutes of your time!

WE NEED 1000 members to do this tonight! 1000 emails X 308 members of the house = 308,000 emails!

Democracy-Machine.com - A work in progress...

Please select the option ALL MPs when sending your email. Please be firm but polite.

WE NEED THIS DONE TONIGHT! Please roll call in this thread when you have completed your task.

TEMPLATE:

Quote:
I am writing this evening to ask all MP's to allow the democratic process to continue regarding bill C-391.

MP Mark Holland is ignoring the will of the Canadian people by sabotaging the detailed review of C-391.

I would ask all members of the house to demand MP Mark Holland and others, to allow the review committee process to continue.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:03 AM
Platinum Member

Re: URGENT! Canadians Firearm owners need your help!

America (at least us ''normal'' Americans) wish you guys the best! Hope all turns for the better, and you succeed.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 09-04-2010, 09:20 AM

Just a curious question, and no bashing please:

Why is it so bad to have your rifles listed? We have it in Sweden, and I don't see any problem with it. When we apply for a license we state what gun we are to buy, we get the license, they list the gun, we buy the gun. When I sell the gun, the buyer applies for a license and they re-register.

I am curious, what is the big problem with having the listing?
Old 09-05-2010, 05:40 AM
Silver Member

When Sweden decides that you don't need a gun anymore, all they have to do is open up the book and come to your house. If there is no book for the government to open up, then they are less likely to abuse the power that they have been given, and take your guns for whatever reason they deem worthy.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:11 PM

I find that risk WAY less likely than a person owning a gun misbehaving with that gun. So if a person gets caught for violent and/or threatening acts, I say take the guns away...
Old 09-06-2010, 04:39 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinkraka View Post
I find that risk WAY less likely than a person owning a gun misbehaving with that gun. So if a person gets caught for violent and/or threatening acts, I say take the guns away...

Sir, Have you ever heard the saying

" If guns are outlawed only OUTLAWS will have guns"

Just food for thought.

Jeff
Old 09-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Silver Member

weve had all guns registered in australia for the last 15 years- ever since a psycho by the name of martin bryant went nuts and opened up with semi-auto 7.62mm and killed 36 people in a sleepy little tourist town. All semi-auto cetrefires were restricted from then on aswell.

Weve had to live with the registry ever since.... and whilst i wish it werent so, the thought of any tom, dick and harry wannbe gangtsa or newly released dilusional psycho from the mental ward, being able to own a gun worries me. The new Licensing system takes care of that, it prevents anyone with violent, weapons, or drug related criminal records AND people with mental health problems being able to obtain a weapons license. So i dont see the changes as "all bad". This is more of a licensing issue tho, not so much a register... i dont agree with many of the other changes they have forced on us however.

Car registration makes it harder for crimes to take place with a car. Same applies for gun registration.