Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Stop pretending to be a hunter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 11:53 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Stop pretending to be a hunter

[QUOTE=yobuck;293269]where should i start?

in order of importance, we should start voting them out in 2010.
we can at least get some of them, and that would be a good start.
we cant afford to wait untill 2012. "

Excellent point!

"next, i dont understand what quality sweaters, sipping red wine, and eating granola bars has to do with manhood and longrange hunting. or any kind of hunting for that matter."

The point was to illustrate a personality and argument I felt inclined to gripe about. I believe I did so quite well. I might eat gronala, sip wine, and wear expensive sweaters myself, not in conjunction with the rest of the description! Clear enough? I must admit I find it amusing defending expensive sweaters and wine were second in importance to you. Ha ha.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:35 AM
Bronze Member

A favorite saying of Nate and I is, " never argue with a fool, he will drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience"

Let them do it their way and let me do it my way and I'll continue enjoying that tasty, tender venison..

Magnificent elk or destructive mice, they are all God's creation and serve a purpose in the "chain". It is interesting how they can be treated so very differently by the same person.

Are mouse traps sporting??? they are silently waiting in the dark to snap their prey. sometimes it hits them on the neck and kills them instantly and other times it gets them on the leg and they chew their leg off and escape to freedom............ Is this humane?

If you are not willing to take a chance and possibly miss.... take the advise of this newspaper article which stated... Quote" To all you hunters who kill animals for food, Shame on you; you ought to go to the store and buy the meat that was made there, where no animals were harmed" Unquote

This was an actual write up in a paper!

I better stop before I get riled up

Well put grit and others.

*Prairie Princess*
Old 07-10-2009, 08:02 AM
Platinum Member

My opinion of the people complaining about long range shooting is they are afraid it will become the norm and not the exception. To arm yourself with a instrument such as to take a shot at 1000yds is expensive. To become competent to take that shot takes alot of practice and experience not to mention intelligence. Most people become jealous of something you can do and they can't or won't. Just about every scope manufacturer is making a drop recticle now. You are starting to see more and more factory rifles with the goodies for long range shooting. I believe the industry is moving in this direction, or starting to fill the need. This is just my $.02

Brent

"The will to win, compares little with the will to prepare to win" Donovan Moran
Old 07-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blipelt View Post
Most people become jealous of something you can do and they can't.

Brent
Well put. You'll never get the admission of "I can't" or "I don't want to take the time to learn how". It is far easier to put something down you can't do or don't understand, than it is to learn and understand.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grit View Post
A friend of mine recently recieved some hate mail from a "fellow hunter". The fellow took issue with long range hunting. He argued, "A hunter should be completely certain of a clean kill before pulling the trigger". He also expressed a long range hunter was a showoff willing to gamble an animals suffering....pathetic - he said
That guy must really freak about bow hunting.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:52 AM
Silver Member

I think the best response to " how can you shoot at .... distance" is because I CAN. And I can because I routinley practice and KNOW my limitations. How often do you shoot and what is your skill level? Most of these people are really assuming that you shoot like they do so to take a long shot ( over 50yds for most of them) WOULD be unethical.