Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

States that Support Gun Ban ----BOYCOT---??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 10:17 AM
Platinum Member

Re: States that Support Gun Ban ----BOYCOT---??

It's beautiful country in the mountains for sure but it attracts everybody and their dogs uncle, and that send real estate prices through the roof. Helena and Lewistown would be the most reasonable. Don't discount the towns in the plains though. I grew up in Livingston, lived in the Bitterroot valley for a long while, spent a lot of time around Townsend in my youth. I'll stay in Havre just because of the people. As far as the country it's self goes, Montana's plains have their own charms just as the mountains do, you just have to look for it, but it is there.
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 02-18-2013, 10:29 AM
Silver Member

Re: States that Support Gun Ban ----BOYCOT---??

Thanks Joe!

Doc

"History does not long trust the care of freedom to the weak or timid" Dwight David Eisenhower
Sic Semper Tyrannis...Veritas et Aequitas