Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)


Reply

States that Support Gun Ban ----BOYCOT---??

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8  
Old 02-16-2013, 07:28 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 436
Re: States that Support Gun Ban ----BOYCOT---??

Good idea. I'm going to have to start looking at labels a little more closely.

What about this. The red states stop selling food to the blue states. I think they would probably start coming around pretty quickly. I don't think it is time for this yet, but maybe in the future if things continue as they are going right now. It would definitely get peoples attention.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-16-2013, 11:01 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Windsor, VA
Posts: 288
Re: States that Support Gun Ban ----BOYCOT---??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe King View Post
Well at least Montana is holding true to it's nature and history, far as I can tell with the bills introduce it seem we're going to see some relaxation on current gun laws
Well Joe, I am serious about not moving to Colorado now. If any of you Montanans know of any places with about 100 acres, @ 2000sqft house, barn and it doesn't cost $18 gazillion I'd appreciate a heads up.

Damn, no more Colorado Koolaide either... sorry Coors. Golden is a nest of socialists.

I'm with you Magpul, I'm sticking to the Boycott.

Thanks Guys,

Doc
__________________
http://www.heaven-scent-rescue.org

"History does not long trust the care of freedom to the weak or timid" Dwight David Eisenhower
Sic Semper Tyrannis...Veritas et Aequitas

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-17-2013, 05:34 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: East Cali formerly known as Colorado
Posts: 4
Re: States that Support Gun Ban ----BOYCOT---??

I think that getting they're attention financially, like magpul and another mfg company have vowed, will be the next step once these pass I've written several letters to several reps in colorado, only a hand full of replys, they seem to be falling on deaf ears. It's to bad, my home state was at one time one of the most free in the country and the socialist populations in the big city's have torn that to shreds.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-17-2013, 09:01 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Longmont, Colorado
Posts: 325
Re: States that Support Gun Ban ----BOYCOT---??

Yes, Colorado has become Cali2.0. I wrote all my reps and many more over the last several weeks. All without answer.

I pointed out to my Rep (Mike Foote) that mere possession of 20 round magazines would be against the law (unless they were grandfathered), and that a police office could arrest me at any time. Afterall, how does he know when I bought them? He said that the police would need probable cause so don't worry. What a F*$ing joke. I know lots of police officers, and they arrest people all the time with very flimsy PC - they even joke about it!

I've started buying nearly everything on-line, and will not spend any money here I don't have to. I wanted to retire here, but that is out now.

Supposedly, VP Biden was making calls to the state Reps to get this passed (that is what I heard one say on Fri), and this is coupled with Bloombergs cash to buy favors around the state.
__________________
If you like your hunting rifle, you can keep your hunting rifle.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-17-2013, 10:18 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: East Cali formerly known as Colorado
Posts: 4
Re: States that Support Gun Ban ----BOYCOT---??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilscungilli View Post
Yes, Colorado has become Cali2.0. I wrote all my reps and many more over the last several weeks. All without answer.

I pointed out to my Rep (Mike Foote) that mere possession of 20 round magazines would be against the law (unless they were grandfathered), and that a police office could arrest me at any time. Afterall, how does he know when I bought them? He said that the police would need probable cause so don't worry. What a F*$ing joke. I know lots of police officers, and they arrest people all the time with very flimsy PC - they even joke about it!

I've started buying nearly everything on-line, and will not spend any money here I don't have to. I wanted to retire here, but that is out now.

Supposedly, VP Biden was making calls to the state Reps to get this passed (that is what I heard one say on Fri), and this is coupled with Bloombergs cash to buy favors around the state.

It was in a bunch of news article about Bubbling Biden calling, i didn't know about Bloomberg. I wish those F*$KING scum bags would stay the hell out of Colorado's bizz. I also heard they're pressing CO so hard because of the precedence it would set if a western state passed these bogus laws. I was proud of my Rep. Ed Vigil, the only dem with a backbone and stood up for what's right.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-17-2013, 12:19 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The cold part of Montana
Posts: 1,390
Re: States that Support Gun Ban ----BOYCOT---??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocB View Post
Well Joe, I am serious about not moving to Colorado now. If any of you Montanans know of any places with about 100 acres, @ 2000sqft house, barn and it doesn't cost $18 gazillion I'd appreciate a heads up.

Damn, no more Colorado Koolaide either... sorry Coors. Golden is a nest of socialists.

I'm with you Magpul, I'm sticking to the Boycott.

Thanks Guys,

Doc
Off hand I would say from the Rocky Mtn front east, barring the bigger towns, and Glascow area. Obviously with bigger towns you have increased prices and the Area around Glascow/ Glendive is on the edge of the Bakin oil field. Towns Like Havre (where I live), Lewistown, Miles city, Roundup, White Sulpher Springs, tend to be the same town they where 50yrs ago, everybody knows everybody, and folks still stop to help without your asking.
__________________
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-17-2013, 12:29 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Windsor, VA
Posts: 288
Re: States that Support Gun Ban ----BOYCOT---??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe King View Post
Off hand I would say from the Rocky Mtn front east, barring the bigger towns, and Glascow area. Obviously with bigger towns you have increased prices and the Area around Glascow/ Glendive is on the edge of the Bakin oil field. Towns Like Havre (where I live), Lewistown, Miles city, Roundup, White Sulpher Springs, tend to be the same town they where 50yrs ago, everybody knows everybody, and folks still stop to help without your asking.
Thanks Sir,

In fact I was looking at For Sale By Owner today and found several nice, almost affordable properties near Lewiston, Ronan, Flathead Lake, Eureka, Vida, Elliston, Kalispel, near Helena..

How are those areas?

Thanks again for the help.

Doc
__________________
http://www.heaven-scent-rescue.org

"History does not long trust the care of freedom to the weak or timid" Dwight David Eisenhower
Sic Semper Tyrannis...Veritas et Aequitas

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Current Poll
How Many Different Cartridges Do You Reload For?
ZERO, all factory ammo - 8.01%
351 Votes
1 - 2.78%
122 Votes
2 or 3 - 14.53%
637 Votes
4 or 5 - 20.35%
892 Votes
6 or 7 - 14.85%
651 Votes
8 or 9 - 8.67%
380 Votes
10 or more - 30.82%
1,351 Vote
Total Votes: 4,384
You may not vote on this poll.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC