Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Sign the Petitions!! Protect Your Rights!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 10:16 PM
Silver Member

Re: Sign the Petitions!! Protect Your Rights!!

Thanks SBruce for the link to the petition. Tomorrow wiil see me pointing this out to everyone I have contact with.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:46 AM
Platinum Member

This is just one of many that are floating around.

The NRA has some, the CCRKBA has some and the NAGR has some. There is even one at Whitehouse.org or something like that.

I've signed the majority of the ones I've seen.

http://www.nagr.org/obama_gun_control.aspx?pid=2a&r=20

As you said, we need to pass these on to every contact in our e-mail that are gun owners or hunters.

If every single gun owner in America was a member of at least one of the above groups, we'd have a very strong voice indeed!

Old 12-21-2012, 09:52 AM
Platinum Member

So what is our most valuable organization? Where do you guys feel we should concentrate our donations and who is likely to do the most good? These days it is hard to trust anyone, but I do want to do my part.

Jeff
Old 12-21-2012, 03:16 PM
Platinum Member

Jeff,

I feel that I am getting more feedback from Citizens Commitee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms or the National Association for Gun Rights than I do from the NRA.

However, the NRA is very well known.?? Tough one to answer without some more research. The first two mentioned always send me e-mails and/or letters when a new development is happening. Sometimes they even call if it's an emergency petition.

Personally, rather than "put all my eggs in one basket", I donate a smaller amount to each one and sign petitions from all three. I also get news and information from all 3 that way. Wish I knew for sure which did the most good, but I dont at the moment.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:13 PM
Platinum Member

Eaglet,

Right on.

Rejection or acceptance of the infinite God of the Bible and His absolutes is ultimately the issue that each of us, as individuals and corporately as a society, must come to grips with. We all pay, now on this earth, for the sin that first entered the world with Adam and Eve many years ago and that we propagate ourselves now. We are so biblically illiterate now, we forget that an infinitely loving God created the universe 'very good' but gave us a choice to be in a perfect relationship with Him. Adam and Eve chose to rebel against God. Rebellion against God and His absolutes is called sin, and all of creation has suffered mightily since that first sin, as that sin and every sin since further corrupts what once was 'very good'. THAT is why the world is the way it is--our rebellion against God. God's plan is to restore this creation and us back to it's initial 'very good' state at a point in time of his choosing. Acceptance of God's son, Jesus, and the sacrifice he made to pardon our sins on the cross is the key to the eternal life, mentioned below, in the restored 'very good' creation. Don't miss out.

"Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life." Galatians 6:7-8

SBruce,

Thanks for this post. Petition signed. Please include a link if there are others that you believe worthy of signing. I wish I had more spare cash but, supporting the NRA with an 'extended payment' life membership is the best I can do at the moment.

Jon

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl

Last edited by jmden; 12-21-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:12 PM
Silver Member

Broz, They're all valuable unless they've been specifically shown to be otherwise. Obviously the NRA is the up front organization and probably has the greatest resources. By resources I mean not only cash but legal and political people with their areas of expertise (sp) ect.

Another group that should be near the top of one's list is your respective State gun rights organization. For me that is NYSRPA - New York State Rifle and Pistol Assoc. These folks should have their hands on and ears open to what takes place in your State Capital. For those states that are 'gun friendly' this shouldn't be too big of an issue but for me here in NY State, it is always uphill. One must keep eyes and ears open close to home because one never knows when an anti will introduce and get passed legislation that begins the erosion of rights. It is often easier for the anti's to achieve their goal at this level rather than nationally.

One thing I'm generally wary of lately is the willingness of some elected officials to cave on some points. A number of them have come out as "being open" to new regulations. Any and all politicians are ready and willing to introduce and pass a piece of legislation with their name on it, overnight if they could. Then we come to find out what was really in the bill. Sound familiar? I look at it as a small attempt to achieve the bigger picture in the long run. That is how things turned around here in NY. Many (too many) decades ago we were a gun friendly state. I know that is hard to believe. But there were national and international matches held in and around NYC. Creedmoor was one and there were others, but I digress. Over time that slowly changed to the mess we have today. They need to be told repeatedly that these rights are just that - rights and not privledges.

If I had some cash I would certainly get some to the organizations such as those SBruce listed earlier. But I would certainly do my homework before signing the check and licking the stamp. (Yes, I still have some of those stamps.) Unfortunately, the current economics won't allow too many contributions. Although I did send the balance of my NRA Life membership check earlier this week.

Today I spent time sending email to every elected official in my juristiction (sp). My State representatives have been A rated by the NRA in the past but they came out in todays paper as 'undecided' when asked about strengthening the NYS 'assault weapon ban.' That didn't sit well with me over coffee this morning hence the letter writing.

Something else to keep in mind; since last Friday, everyone has been polarized on this issue. Earlier this evening I flipped through the TV news channels to hear HOW the issue is reported and as expected, Left is left and Right is right. Just when one would sense the reporter or commentator might be trying to see the other side, dissapointment as they snap back inline and lock step with their earlier thinking.

SBruce, I've heard of those 2 organizations you mentioned earlier. I'll check them out and lend a hand where I am able. I do believe that EVERYONE should be writing to their respective congressmen and women, legislators, senators, ect and RESPECTFULLY expressing their pro gun views on a regular basis. We as gun owners need to bring to bear a volume of letters, email and other messages to their ears so as to balance out the volume the antis are likewise sending. This gun control argument is going to come down to who can keep the message out front longer and louder while being knowledgable and logical about it. Absolutely everyone on our side must maintain their composure and and make their points respectfully. Those who don't do this will risk becoming the poster child in the anti's argument that gun owners are nuts.

I know the LRH forum is all about LR hunting, shooting and related activitys but this new push for expanded gun control really does need to be addressed by us, the pro gun citizenry of this great country. I can tell you from experience that it really sucks to live in a state where we're just a few steps away from not being able to enjoy this sport.

Respectfully

Pete
Old 12-22-2012, 04:36 AM
Platinum Member

Jmden, good post!

SBruce, thanks for posting... I had forgotten! Petition signed!

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!