Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

And she is a lawmaker?!?!?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 12:29 AM
Silver Member

Re: And she is a lawmaker?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote View Post
Saw this yesterday and thought there "oughta' be a law."

A law that stipulates one must actually have knowledge of a topic/issue in order to author, co-author and/or vote on a bill. In order to prove one has that knowledge, one MUST write a paper with citations to be presented with the bill or the vote.

What do you think the chances are....?

Pete
Absolutely zilch, zero, nada.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:53 AM
Silver Member

HARD TO BELIEVE THAT NOT ONE PERSON IN THAT ROOM WAS ABLE TO STAND UP AND SAY ,,,,WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ,,,,MAGAZINES AND AMMO ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS..
Old 04-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkupper View Post
Absolutely zilch, zero, nada.

Kinda thought so too.

Funny thing is if one wants to put forward an idea in business or demonstrate their knowledge in any level of education, they usually have to do just that - write it down for others to read and analyze.

Had we demanded this level of knowledge, demonstrated, of the subject, perhaps we all wouldn't be in the predicament we find ourselves now.

(Just thinkin' out loud)

Pete

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. -- Aesop
Old 04-06-2013, 07:50 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme View Post
HARD TO BELIEVE THAT NOT ONE PERSON IN THAT ROOM WAS ABLE TO STAND UP AND SAY ,,,,WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ,,,,MAGAZINES AND AMMO ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS..

Perhaps they did see the problem ... and just let her put her foot in her mouth up to the hip.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. -- Aesop
Old 04-07-2013, 04:44 AM
Silver Member

Well that explains why they don't get that these bs laws they are passing are not going to work. What is funny, is that I held up a ar mag and ask my 8 yr old daughter, what is this? She said a magazine. Then held up a 223 rd and asked, what is this? A bullet. And what do you do with a bullet? Shoot it.

Hummmmm my 8yr old daughter vs that ladies college education. Guess that lady should get a refund from here school.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:49 AM
Silver Member

Check out Rhonda Fields (D-Aurora), the one who pushed the magazine ban here. She is a convicted felon and dumb as dirt. Shockingly, she "works" for United Airlines, which begins to explain some of my experiences with air travel.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
And she is a lawmaker?!?!?-rf.jpg  
Old 04-07-2013, 08:09 AM
Platinum Member

This is quite typical of many politicians. I have met with them over the years down in DC on unrelated bills pertaining to the industry I am involved in. The way the process works is that a bill is written by outside sources that are selected for their so called expertise and usually biased. The draft is then refined by young aids with questionable knowledge on the subject. The Senator or Congressman then gets briefed by the aid, rarely reading the bill. This is SOP which resilts in very shallow knowledge combined with the ability to communicate, spin and manipulate.....the craft of the politician. This bimbo just got caught, and I'm sure her aide is toast. Hopefully she will be too. Not all, but a high percentage of politicians care about ONLY one thing, political gain. It's much worse then observed in the media. Just take a look at the Health Care Law. Too bad, it would be nice if they did their job. iMO.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt