Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Sen. Mitch McConnell is warning us..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 08:33 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Sen. Mitch McConnell is warning us..

Lets put it in perspective in more recent times...

Katrina. What did the soliders do? They confiscated firearms from civillians using undue force if necessary, under orders because martial law was declared.

No different here. Same scenario but on a much larger scale.

When you get to the non-negotiable point and all hell breaks loose. You better be prepared both spiritually and mentally be exterminated.

Like I said in another post we aren't talking about a video game where you turn it off, there is no off switch. It's not like hunting an animal. The 'animal' you are hunting is hunting you as well. You only hope of survival is killing it before it kills you.

Reality check is diplomacy and negotiation, always. The alternative, I don't believe a whole lot of people on here and elsewhere really have the stones.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:09 PM
Gold Member

what you must remember
when the japanese empourer wanted to invade the us mainland, what was he told? something about a rifle behind every blade of grass? and you think that the powers that be in washington have the stomache for it? and you think that they don't know that they will be vulnerable while this is going on? can they actualy protect themselves if everyone within range storms camp david? can they defend it against a 1 million strong force?
I'm saying if the public organizes, we have a chance, all the whining and crying about how bad it will be, isn't gonna help anything.
pay your money take your chances and hope.....not for yourself but for a brighter future for the united states of america, land of the free, home of the brave.
RR
Old 01-28-2013, 12:30 AM
Platinum Member

This aughta make you guys feel a bit better
White House gun push narrows to background checks - Reid J. Epstein and John Bresnahan - POLITICO.com

This doesn't mean thie fight is done yet, not even this round. The UN gun ban is still lurking around the corner
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 01-28-2013, 01:07 AM
Silver Member

The only thing that means is they are playing three card monty with your rights. Think about this for a moment:

Whats the only way to ensure that universal background checks are enforced?

Full Registration.

What comes after full registration?

Confiscation.

This is only a ploy to split the issues up a little bit to try to retain as many democratic House and Senate seats as possible in the 2014 elections so they can continue on this crusade.

Obama has converted his campaign apparatus into a massive lobbying agency for his own personal use. They are attempting to frame the debate as harmless through "social engineering". Have you noticed it's not about "gun control" anymore, now it's about "gun safety" and "common sense".

Don't be fooled by the rhetoric, this still is an all out assault on your GOD GIVEN RIGHTS. Use the link at www.ruger.com and then call your congressman and senators, send written correspondence through the mail and request that they send you a reply stating their position so you can reference it in the upcoming election. I agree with Flip, I don't think too many have the stones either but they say it only takes 5% of the population to affect change. If I recall properly only 3% fought in ther revolutionary war and only 10% offered support. Lets get this done in the ballotbox folks.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:32 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookturnr View Post
The only thing that means is they are playing three card monty with your rights. Think about this for a moment:

Whats the only way to ensure that universal background checks are enforced?

Full Registration.

What comes after full registration?

Confiscation.

This is only a ploy to split the issues up a little bit to try to retain as many democratic House and Senate seats as possible in the 2014 elections so they can continue on this crusade.

Obama has converted his campaign apparatus into a massive lobbying agency for his own personal use. They are attempting to frame the debate as harmless through "social engineering". Have you noticed it's not about "gun control" anymore, now it's about "gun safety" and "common sense".

Don't be fooled by the rhetoric, this still is an all out assault on your GOD GIVEN RIGHTS. Use the link at www.ruger.com and then call your congressman and senators, send written correspondence through the mail and request that they send you a reply stating their position so you can reference it in the upcoming election. I agree with Flip, I don't think too many have the stones either but they say it only takes 5% of the population to affect change. If I recall properly only 3% fought in ther revolutionary war and only 10% offered support. Lets get this done in the ballotbox folks.
I hold the Lord in high reverence as well but it was our founding fathers not Jesus Christ that gave use the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. They might have consulted him but he didn't do the writing........

As an aside, I've used the link on Ruger's website but I think the NRA-ILA website offers a better format because you can either use their format or write your own and the download it and make hard copies on your printer ans the mailing address of any and all politicians are pre printed on each letter for you to address the envelopes with. I bought 45 bucks worth of stamps and I've used about all of them.

Speaking of Rugers, I just got done doing a trigger job on a Ruger Match Target pistol. Those things are miserable to work on but the stock trigger really sucks. I feel like a watchmaker, man those parts are tiny....
Old 01-28-2013, 02:35 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe King View Post
This aughta make you guys feel a bit better
White House gun push narrows to background checks - Reid J. Epstein and John Bresnahan - POLITICO.com

This doesn't mean thie fight is done yet, not even this round. The UN gun ban is still lurking around the corner
The UN/EU ban is as bad if not worse than Feinstein's and if the United States adopts the UN ban (remember the NRA really put the hammer down last time), that means NATO troops come in and enforce it without Chancellor Obama declaring martial law or public emergency....

Scary thoughts.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:37 AM
Platinum Member

Here's my take on it. #1 he completely got it wrong for how the American public is concerned. I think that he figured we'd all just go along with it, with out a whole lot of resistance. Others have said that Obummer has a total disconnect with Americans, especially rural Americans. I think it just got shoved in his face very blatantly how disconnected he is from us, and it took him totally off guard. In other words he got his finger bit for poking it in the dogs face while the dogs was eating. Keep in mind his proposal for unversal background check hasn't been introduced yet, there's still work to be done on that so now we need to writing, calling, petitioning ect. our folks we sent to Washington, as well as flooding the NRA, NAGR, and all other progun groups, pro 2nd groups. To keep the pressure on.

Don't forget though the Obummer still has a stick that he can poke with, so it's even more important now to get one thing across "back the hell off dude"

This article highlights my over all view of the guy, he doesn't really get it yet, and he's not really very mature in his actions.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2JDsHkm4Y
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe