Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Seattle gun buy back

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 02:40 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Seattle gun buy back

I started a new thread with the HB1371 stuff, finally realizing that I was probably 'stepping on your toes', HARPErC, with putting that stuff in you thread. The thread I started is in the same 'Politics of Guns and Hunting' section and so the moderators need to go over it before the topic will be allowed, so it may be a bit of time before is shows up here. Thanks, Jon

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 01-28-2013, 02:46 PM
Platinum Member

Absolutely no toe stepping noticed. You always come up with something I did not know. This Washington bill included. Conversations are meant to grow. Thanks for the links.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:25 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe King View Post
Wait what!!?? Ok I don't know squat about gun buy back programs, but regular folks where able to go there and buy guns? At a POPO buy back location?

And not only that, you could be smoking marijuana while you are getting your gun. Right in front of the POPO. Still can't believe that..........

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 01-28-2013, 08:34 PM
Platinum Member

Must be my age, I still don't understand the parameters. I take it they are paying for old junk guns, the ones I collect as a Class 3 FFL Holder???

My modern firearms, I'm not going to part with and they can't afford them. No junk there....
Old 01-28-2013, 09:42 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnwrunner View Post
And not only that, you could be smoking marijuana while you are getting your gun. Right in front of the POPO. Still can't believe that..........

Randy
That does beat all. We are outnumbered here, especially in western Washington. Thank God, that some forward thinking legislators, a number of years ago, were able to pass laws in this state regarding 2nd amendment issues that are some of best in the country. As liberal as this state is, due in large part to King County, that is amazing. Somebody had to stick around here and fight for right.

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 01-28-2013, 09:45 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
Must be my age, I still don't understand the parameters. I take it they are paying for old junk guns, the ones I collect as a Class 3 FFL Holder???

My modern firearms, I'm not going to part with and they can't afford them. No junk there....
I think I came across something that mentioned that it's likely that a number of these folks bringing in guns for this buyback may know so little about guns that they could be bringing in some firearms that are in fine shape or even valuable as antiques, etc. I suppose this could be. So, these folks that are buying the guns for cash may be looking for these kinds of folks that don't know what they are turning in to the buyback program...who knows...

Old 01-28-2013, 10:32 PM
Platinum Member

Just seems like an odd thing to me. I don't believe any of us would participate at least in a turn in scenario. I might buy some (for collecting), but thats it.

Not at all hard to find out what a firearm is worth today with the Internet.

I have some ancient cap and ball pistols that are worth a bundle. True single shot and chancy ignition.